preface and introduction

Hello Ladies and Gentleman:

My name is Kyriah Janae, I'm a 15 year old girl, and I dedicate my entire life, all of my time, and my every thought into becoming an on-camera actress. Although not very healthy, there's nothing I could think of without this desire standing tall in my mind, clouding my every thought. I couldn't imagine anything that would make me happier than becoming an actress.

If you find yourself in my shoes, wanting and hoping to become an actress because it makes you happy and is something you could enjoy forever, keep on reading.

However, if you wish to become famous and walk the red carpet with awards to your name, you can also keep reading, but be aware that this isn't a How to Be Famous Guide. This is a How to Become an Actor Guide.

Many people make a living as an actress without anyone knowing their name. They don't do it because people are watching. They do it because it is what they love and the art of drama and theatre, film and telivision, inspires them and draws them in.

With that being said, join me on my journey as I start from the bottom and work my way to the top.

A thing to note is, you can not go into the acting industry without a single ounce of knowledge of what exactly to expect. People will walk all over you and give you a false life that could go on pretty much forever.

Therefore, we will start with a list of terms and notices that you must know BEFORE you get into the acting industry.

I hope this helps you, as much as it helps me, because after all, this is basically just a collection of stuff that I've learned, and I hope that one day you achieve success or at least get to a point of complete happiness in your life from doing what you love.

The most important thing I want you to remember is never say I can't, I won't, or I don't have. Those words must not surface your vocabulary. Always, always, always, say I can, I will, and I have everything I need so that in the near future you can say, I have.

And let it be so.

Okay enough rambling.

Let's get started with the most basic acting terms 101.