Chapter 1 - Hello

"What shoud I do, bes? I love her so much I can't imagine my life without her!"

Vannah, my bestfriend, has been growling like a dog for an hour. She's crying so loud that it really hurts my ears. Plus the fact that people are looking at us like we're sort of aliens! Damn! I wonder how I'm keeping up with this bestfriend of mine for years!

We're at the cafe located at the seaside of the SM MOA for nearly two hours now. The first words that came from my bestfriend's mouth when we arrived are "Fuck you Gene!", then she started to blab about how they met. How they fell in love. And how Gene dumped her for another girl.

Okay, let me get this straight. Vannah's my bestfriend since my diaper days. Mom said we're playmates since our toothless days. We went to the same school since nursery and we're inseperable since then, up to now that we have our own flower shop.

Since Vannah's my bestfriend since we were inside our mothers' tummies (our mothers' bestfriends, too!) I can say that I know her too well, in all aspect of her roots and skin. And yes, Vannah's a bisexual.

At 24, she already had six girlfriends since she learned how to french kiss when we were in Grade 9. Mind you, the woman she shared her first kiss isn't her girlfriend yet that moment they decided to fight with their tongues.

Vannah's parents were so open-minded they were able to accept the sexual preference of their daughter. At first, my parents find it hard to accept that I'm friends with a bisexual, but since they're friends with her parents since time immemorial, they were able to understand my bestfriend and our friendship.

"C'mon bes. There's no used in crying like a hopeless, ugly, pathetic woman here! She has already dumped you! She's so stupid. She doesn't even know you're one in a million."

She curved her lips to form a smile.

"Okay. Thanks for saying that I'm one in a million, but really? Do you really have to say, hopeless, ugly, pathetic woman? Is it really necessary?"

I looked at her with guilt evident on my face. Okay, that was beyond of what I supposed to say. I gave her my famous puppy eyes look.

"Oopps. Sorry about that, bes. I didn't mean to say you're ugly. Or pathetic. Or hopeless. Of course, we won't be bestfriends if you are."

And I let out a chuckle that made her pout.

"Bes naman! You're supposed to comfort me here! You're bestfriend's so heart broken and yet you're making fun of me!"

She looked like she's ready to cry again so I hurriedly hug her so tight, hoping she won't be able to able to shed a tear because of the tightness of my comfort.

"Aray naman bes! Easy lang kasi! Sakal yan e. Hindi comfort hug!"

"Okay, okay. Sorry na. So, what are we going to do with your Gene? Have you two talked after the break-up?"

Mabilis itong umiling. Honestly, Vannah's been with Gene for only a month that's why I can't understand her sentiments right now. Hello, isang buwan pa lang naman sila para umatungal siya ng ganyan. But then again, I can never tell since I'm not in her shoe. Who am I to judge anyway? In the first place, I haven't since Gene. Even her shadow. I was in Canada for a month and I just came back yesterday.

"She's not picking up my call! She won't answer my texts as well! She's not in her condo everytime I bang her door! I can't reach her, Sab. What should I do?"

When she calls me Sab, I feel cringed.  It feels like she's really in a serious shit. I'm used of her calling me bes.

"Maybe, she doesn't really wanna talk to you, bes. Maybe, it's time for you to move on."