He's Gotten Taller

Anubis was talking to her, but she had lost track of the conversation ages ago, content to focus on his voice and the way he was looking at her.

But she stopped, suddenly, looking him up and down.

Anubis halted his statement. "What?"

"Are you... are you getting taller?" Sadie wondered.

His brow furrowed in perfect confusion, and he looked down, as if trying to see if the ground was farther away.

"...I'm not sure," he said slowly, and then, "Sorry about this."

"Sorry ab--" Sadie started, and made a startled noise when Anubis cupped the back of her head and kissed her hard on the mouth. It was remarkably different from the first time he kissed her, softly and chastely. He kissed her, this time, like he was desperate, fingers tangled in her hair. She didn't even have the time to close her eyes before he broke it off, standing up straight.

"Yes, I have gotten taller," he said, sounding certain. "I didn't have to stoop down as much the last time."

"Nope," she said, dazed.

"Unless you have gotten shorter."

"I didn't."

"That's very odd, then. I shouldn't be getting taller, or aging at all. I wonder if there's..." he gazed down at her with his impossibly brown eyes, realizing she was staring right at him.

"Shut up sometimes," she said, and leaned up on her tiptoes to kiss him again.

Yes, she thought. Definitely taller.

Just updated again!! 

I've literally had no time to update considering the fact that I write on my Mac, but I've been with my aunt (who lives in Tampa) for the past two weeks even though my laptop is back at home (which is in Albany).

So technically, I've been making good time ;)

I'll update again when I finish writing the next update!

Til next time,

Ez.