seventeen

I got out of my car and walked towards the park, hoping she was already there. As I reached the place I was most familiar with, I saw her. She looked beautiful. Everything about her was perfect.

She saw me and smiled. Before I knew it, her arms were tightly around me. I hugged back just as tight. She let go and I secretly wanted her arms to be around me once more.

We sat down at the park bench and she spoke up.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey."

"Why did you ask me to meet you?"

"Can a person not hang out with a friend?" I answered.

She seemed sad, or maybe angry. I don't know. I can't tell her emotions very well. I took her hand in mine and I could tell she felt happier.

Her smile made me want to smile.

She rested her head against my shoulder as we sat there in silence. It was not awkward silence, but instead comfortable silence. The good kind of silence.

I looked at her. Her brown eyes were the prettiest brown eyes i've ever seen. Her brown curly hair and perfect smile made her even more beautiful.

I needed to kiss her again. I need to feel her lips against mine once more.

My right hand went right below her chin and she looked up at me. I put my left hand in that soft curly hair of hers. I looked at her for a second before putting my lips to hers.

Our lips melted perfectly together. My lips burned from the connection between us. I've never felt this way about someone. Everyone I've had a romantic connection with was just a hook up at some party. I've never loved.

But that's what I came here for, a new start.

Our lips disconnected and I could feel Caly smiling against my lips.

"I like you, Harry," she coos in my ear.

"I like you, too," I smile with a toothy grin.

I wrap my my around her, us not caring about anything in the world around us. We sat on this park bench not knowing what was ahead, but rather living in the present.

I think living in the present is very important. People are stuck in the past or worried about the future, rather than being in the moment. I would rather be with Caly right now, than worry about what is to come for us.

We sat there for a while an watched the stars in the night sky twinkle. Caly pointed to her favorite constellations as I pretended to know what she was talking about. I never noticed how smart she was. She was very curious about everything out there in the world. I watched Caly as she smiled everyone once and a while. I admire her beauty so much.

My arms were still around her when she intertwined her hand with mine. I loved the feeling of her touching me. It burned my skin.

"Is this a date?" she asked with a questioning look.

I smiled, "If you want it to be."

"Then yes, this is a date."

Gosh, she was so beautiful.

I wanted to know everything about her, so I asked her a few questions. I guess you could say they were kind of "deep" questions. You don't fully know a person until you know the things they refuse to tell you. I was determined to know Caly, fully.

"So, you live alone?" I asked.

"Yeah, you?" she asked, her eyes still concentrated on the night sky.