The Safety Of Nick

Chapter 17

After Elena left, we all sat down and had an awkward dinner. None of us spoke the whole time and we just sat there eating away at the endless supply of meat. I felt so uncomfortable but I knew that none of us knew what to say after Elena headed back to Toronto. Once dinner was over, Clay, Nick and Jeremy headed off and did their own thing around the house and I headed up the stairs to my room.

As I walked in, I sat down on my bed and began to relax. Although I felt sad about Elena leaving I still wanted to try and think about other things after my long day until all of a sudden, my phone began to ring. I immediately dashed over to my bag and quickly pulled out my phone before accepting the call and placing it over my ear.

"Hello Katherine Hale speaking," I said.

"Hello Katherine, this is George Matthews speaking, I have recently read your new book called Endless Love and I was wondering whether you would be happy to work with my company for a few weeks to talk about your new ideas for a second book?" George asked me.

"I don't know George, I mean my work stays between me and my computer," I said.

"We can get you an interview and a book signing for it," George said.

"Well I would love to but I'm currently not in Toronto and I'm not sure if I would be able to visit," I said.

"We can get you your own personal assistant to work for you and we wouldn't need you to come in or back to Toronto for a few months. So, what do you say?" George asked.

"Yes, yes I would love to," I answered.

"You would?, that's perfect," George said.

"Thank you so much," I said.

"Well I'll see you then," George said.

"Okay bye," I said before hanging up and putting my phone back into my bag.

Once I did this, I began to smile and walk happily around the room before laying on my bed and enjoying this moment. Just then, I heard a knock at the door and I immediately got up and opened it before seeing Nick standing there.

"Hey," Nick said.

"Hey, want to come in?" I asked.

"Sure," Nick answered.

I then let him in before he sat across from me on the bed.

"So, what did you come to talk about?" I asked.

"Well I came to see if you were alright but apparently you seem fine," Nick answered.

"Well I just got offered a chance to work with a company for my next book," I said.

"Wow that's great Kat," Nick said.

"Thanks," I said.

"So other than that, how are you doing about Elena leaving again?" Nick asked.

"I'm not really good. I just feel like Elena might be gone for good now and I came with her and she's my best friend and I don't want to lose her. I just feel alone without her here. I feel like I'm on my own and I have no one to talk to," I explained.

"Well you can always talk to me," Nick said.

"Thanks but I just want some girl talk," I said.

"Look, you're not alone here with or without the talk. I promise you that you are not alone and I will never leave you," Nick said.

"Thank you Nick. I can always rely on you," I said.

We then looked at each other closely and leaned forward before we began kissing passionately like never before. He held me tight and close as we kissed before he looked at me and said...

"Shall we stop?" Nick asked.

"No," I answered.

"Are you sure?" Nick asked.

"I've never been more sure," I answered.

Nick then nodded before kissing me some more and while laying me down on my bed and not leaving my sight until the next morning...