MUSIC HEALS WHAT LOVE CAN'T By: Dennis Taylor III

Music heals what love can't. The meaning of this quote is that though love helps you get through a lot of things music heals everything. I say this because when I was going through the system in and out of group homes and foster care music helped me pull through. When I was in middle school and I used to get bullied though I had friends and they loved my a lot and I could tell them anything. I would listen to my music and there was nothing that could hurt me. The genere of my music I listen depends on my mood. When I am sad or i'm thinking really hard I listen to gospel. When I am happy I tend to just switch generes to whatever I feel like listening to. As I was waiting to leave my house for school this morning I heard some information about music healing the brain. Music can help to rewire an injured brain also known as a TBI. Music works wonders when it comes to improving movements. In the brain music shares the same circuit as motor control.

When a person has suffered a severe brain injury the simple things in life become difficult. Such things as walking, talking, even your attitude. When I was struck by a vehicle I really couldn't move my body it took about 1-2 months for me to start walking again. I was in a wheelchair and still to this day I am suffering from that accident. I now have a torn ligament in my right knee and I need to have surgery. Also I am now Bow-Legged because of that accident and I need surgery for that as well because my ankle grows out slanted instead of straight. When I think of these things I just want to cry but my music is what keeps me. There were so many times when I just gave up then I heard the music and felt the music saying get up. My family has always had music around me at a young age all the way up until now from birth. Starting with church and the youth choir until now with just singing whatever comes to mind or I hear on the radio.

Another thing that music can heal is a broken heart. When I was going through a really bad breakup I was trying to find a new bae and that wasn't working because people nowadays don't want a relationship they just want somebody to please their needs which isn't love. So I just fell in love with music that's when I learned to play the violin and I was seeing myself as the next "Damien Escobar" and that helped me to stop trying to find love in all the wrong places. When in doubt love is out that was one of the ways I thought of life. So if you ever need someone to listen to you or a shoulder to cry on call my good friend music. That is what I believe.