Price? Part 2

The memory fades.

Lockwood looks at me curiously. "Hm."

I feel slightly irritated at his lack of meaningful response, but I don't say anything. 

George sniggers. "So, by 'little,' you mean maybe a centimeter shorter than you are now?"

I glare at him. "I'm taller than you, you know."

Lockwood sits in between us. "Look, you two, stop arguing. And, George, stop insulting Lucy. She's right, too—she is taller than you."

That, of course, immediately lights George's very short fuse and launches them both into the verbal teenage equivalent of two little boys fighting over a toy rapier.

I facepalm.

Holly scoots over and hugs me. "I'm so sorry that happened." She glares at our leader and his deputy, now both engaged in a squabble of increasing volume. She clears her throat loudly. "Ahem."

They both turn and look at us.

"Yes?" George asks.

"Playtime's over, children. Time for Truth or Dare now—if, of course, you have the intellectual power needed to play." she smiles innocently at them.

I burst into laughter. Lockwood's ears glow red and George looks disgruntledly at the floor.

They rejoin the circle.

Holly waves a hand at me. "Your turn, Lucy."

"Okay, let's see... Hol, truth or dare?"

"Truth," she says unhesitatingly.

I'm bad at truths. 

"... Do you have any allergies?"

She looks surprised. "Um... yes, actually, I do."

"My turn!" George calls. "Lucy, truth or dare?"

I hesitate. "I... think..."

"Just get on with it!" The skull grumbles. "Besides, it's not like he's better than me at dares."

My throat closes up slightly. "... Dare."

George bobs his head in agreement. "All right. Hmm... I got it!" He grins sadistically. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~