Prologue

Hey, I'm back and ready to get my creative juices flowing! :D

Don't forget to vote if you like and comment on anything :L

__________________________

Prologue

“No, Lucas I can’t! Please!” I cried as Lucas agilely balanced on the rope like a trapezes artist beckoning me to follow him. My skirt billowed out around me as the wind became stronger. “Can’t we just walk over?” I frantically tried to find a way to convince him but I knew him well enough that my efforts would be fruitless, as he we more stubborn than an obstinate donkey and me put together once his mind was set, and I was right. All I got was a look telling me to stop being a chicken and get up with it.

“If you don’t hurry up, I’ll bridal carry you across!” Damn he knew me too well. I hated being carried. I grudgingly touched the rope testing to see if it was sturdy enough for me. “You have three seconds before I’m coming and carrying you across!”

I laughed and gave him an evil death glare. I promised myself that I‘d get by revenge one day for this. I slowly placed my foot onto the rope and tried having a Zen like calm. Lucas hoped over and gave me a hand as I slowly made my way across. The second I made it to the roof of Dorm C, I thanked the world for having safe flat surfaces.

“See, it wasn’t that hard now was it?” He smiled in triumph. This got him a look of death from me. “So does that mean I can receive my reward for my persistence and love?” How could I stay mad at him with those loving eyes piercing me?

“I suppose so,” I answered and pulled him down toward me and kissed him full on his lips catching him by surprise. I could have stayed there for eternity in this moment but I knew life wasn’t that sweet to me.