Chapter 1

I haven't had any time to edit any of my books besides Cinderella's Revenge so tell me if you see any errors because I get so irritated when I see errors in my work and I let my readers down! Thanks :) I will come back and edit this but for now... Please bare with me! >.<

________________________________

Chapter 1

The graceful trees dances in the wind as the grass clearing cheered them on. I just happen to be the odd flower in this serene frame.

The trees froze, the grass seemed to droop and the wind no longer laughed. An odd rabbit or small rodent might have easily broken the serenity. I hurriedly closed my book and stood up. Standing across the meadow was a creature. Not quite animal but something I had read in a book perhaps. It was dressed in the strangest clothing I’d ever seen. It must of felt my intense inspection and quickly ran away. It disappeared into the thickets of the forest. What a most peculiar thing. At the time, I did not know that this chance encounter would shift my entire future.

My chain of thought was quickly broken as my rowdy friend Lilac crashed against me. “Ah, I knew I’d find you here. If you’re not here reading a book you're somewhere else doing something artsy. You should learn to go to the training grounds and learn how to fight with swords.” She shook her head as she surveyed me. I was a fragile looking woman for someone whose mother was chief.

“Violence solves nothing Lil.” Well that’s my belief anyway. I have had this argument countless times with everyone. You see, women who cannot fight are frowned upon here. I much prefer the quiet and not battle cries.

“Well you should at least learn something. Like karate or archery. It’s non-contact and good for self-defence and hunting,” she insisted.

Not a bit interested I dragged her back to our neighbourhood. It was a quaint place. Not urbanised like how cities were hundreds of years ago. It was closer to nature with modernised touches.  Like how Lilac was talking to her mother on a paper-thin, bendy, voice command phone that will only respond to the owner’s voice and no one else. I had one too but I prefer a good old iPhone 7G even if they have been out dated for generations. I liked quiet company, which is ironic since Lil is one of my closest friends I have. Lil had combat training again so she hurriedly apologised and left me as I reached home.

I was pleasantly greeted by my mother’s booming call as I walked into the kitchen “Bridget! You get your fragile little arse in here right this moment!” Her voice drifted from her study.  This can’t be good.

“Where were you? I told you repeatedly to be back by lunch and what time is it?” Her voice stressed on repeatedly as if that would change anything.

“Mum, I lost track of time. I’m so sorry. I promise that I won’t do it again.” I pleaded. She sighed in resignation.

“Please take into consideration that I can’t always look after you. I have to look after everyone here so when I tell you to be back for lunch you could at least save me the pain of worrying where you are. Luckily Lilac found you.” Hearing that hurt especially knowing that your mum would much prefer your best friend to yourself as a daughter.  Being me, a calm, collected and stubborn person I wasn’t going to show more weaknesses to her. Just then, Esria, my mother’s adviser and best friend came into from a side door. My mother quickly dismissed me.

Something in my mother’s shift in posture urged me to eavesdrop outside her door. I was not usually like this but some unknown forced compelled me. I crouched low in front of her looming mahogany door.

“Esria, Are you sure Bridget saw him?” There was an indefinite pause. “We haven’t had a man escape from Titana for a long time. This can’t be good!”  Titana? I have read many books and I have never come across this word before.