Broken Bones Ch.56

Liza P.O.V

April 8 2017

"Liza! I'm going to the store for groceries! Wanna come?" I hear my mom yell from downstairs.

I've been in my room all after noon doing homework. I didn't want to go with David after school because I knew he would distract me and I wouldn't get anything done, like normal. So now I'm trying to catch up and get everything in for at least half credit. I put my pencil down and walk to the top of the stairs so mom can hear me better.

"No thanks! But can you get some Ritz crackers and cream cheese while you're there?" I yell and mom comes to the bottom of the stairs.

"Sure, anything else?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Nope. Thank you." I walk back to my room and sit at my desk again. I pick up my pencil and finish the math problem I was on.

"AHH!" I hear mom scream and there's a bunch of big thuds with it. After the last thud, I run out of my room and to the stairs. I see mom at the bottom of the stairs holding her leg against her chest. Her purse dumped out and all her things are scattered everywhere.

"Mom! Are you ok?!" I run down and she moans in pain.

"Elizabeth, call 911! Now!" She demands and I search my pockets for my phone.

"I don't have my phone!" I say panicking.

"Use mine!" She says loudly. I grab her phone from of the floor and press 'Emergency Call' at the bottom of the screen. I dial 911 and a man answers a few seconds later.

"What's your emergency?" The man says and I kneel down onto the floor.

"I think my mom just broke her ankle or her leg." I say quickly.

"Ok, what's your address?" The man asks and I give him my address.

"Help will be there soon. Put ice on where you need to and don't apply heavy pressure." The man says.

"Thank you." I say and hang up the phone. I run into the kitchen and get an ice pack from the freezer.

"Help me sit up." Mom says and I put the ice pack on the floor to help her. I help her sit up so she's leaning against the wall and she puts her leg in front of her.

"Where does it hurt?" I ask and mom points to her ankle. I put the ice pack on her ankle and she groans.

We wait about 2 minutes for an ambulance to come. I open the front door and a few men get out of the back of the truck with a streach. They help mom on to it and they lift her into the truck. They close the doors and drive down the street quickly with sirens going loud. Omg what just happen? Everything went so fast. I run upstairs to get my phone and call David. I feel a tear roll down my cheek and I wipe it away quickly. I go into David's contact and press the call button. It rings for a few seconds before he answers.

"Hey princess. What's up?" He asks and another tear rolls down my cheek. I walk down the stairs and stand against the wall in the hallway.

"Come over, please. I need you here right now." I say, now full on crying.

"Ok, I'll be over in a few." He hangs up and I slowly slide down the wall so I'm sitting on the floor.

I cry into my hands for a few minutes then there's a knock at the door. I stand up and wipe my eyes with the backs of my hands. I open the door and David is standing there with a worried look across his face. I throw myself into his arms and he holds me close to his chest. He leads me into the living room and to the couch.

"What happen?" He asks and lets go of me to see my face.

"My mom." I say through sniffles.

"What about your mom?" He asks and grabs my hand.

"She fell down the stairs and I'm pretty sure she broke her ankle." Tears flood my eyes again and he pulls me close to him again.

"She'll be ok. I promise. She only broke her ankle, it could have been so much worse." He says and I nod.

"I know. I just don't want anything worse to happen to her." He pulls me away from him to look at my face.

"She's with the doctors now, right?" He asks and I nod.

"Then she'll be ok. The doctors won't let anything bad happen to her. I promise." He says and I nod.

"I know." I say and lay against his chest again. There's a few minutes of silence where I stop crying and get my emotions together.

"Baby, I'm sorry if this offends you, but how come you're crying?" He asks and I move away from him.

"Because I feel terrible." I lay down so my head is on the arm rest of the couch and my feet are on David's lap.

"Why? It wasn't your fault." He says and I nod.

"I know, and I don't know why I feel so terrible about it." I say looking up at the ceiling. I get up and grab my keys from of the coffee table. I walk to the door and David stands up.

"I'm going to the hospital, duh." I open the door and he walks to me. He takes the keys from my hand and gives me my jacket.

"I'll drive you." He says and walks out the door.

We get into the car and drive to the hospital. We go inside and tell the lady at the front that we're here for my mom. She tells us her room number but she said we have to wait outside of doctors are in there. We have to go up an elevator to get there, which I'm fine with. As soon as we get in, David grabs my hand and squeazes it. I look up at him and smile, but I can tell he knows somethings wrong.

"Don't be worried." He says and I smile again.

"How did you know I was worried?" I ask and he smiles.

"Because I know you. I know what you look like when you're worried. You had the same expression when I sprained my knee." He says and kisses my temple. The elevator door opens and we walk out. We look for mom's room and we see a few doctors rushing in and out of it. We sit down in the waiting room and wait.

"We've been out here for 10 minutes. Why won't they let me see her?" I stand up and David pulls be back down.

"You can't see her yet because they might not be done with her. Just be patient, sweetheart." He says and I nod.

"I know, I know, I know. I just want to see her." I put my head back and stare up at the ceiling. I pull my head up and yawn. David looks over at me and sees me yawn.

"How about you take a nap and I'll wake you when you can see her?" He says and I nod.

"Ok. And I don't care if I look peaceful sleeping, wake me." I say and he chuckles.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I know you. I know how you never want to wake me because of how peaceful I look." I say and he chuckles again.

"Whatever. Just take your nap." He says smiling and I smile back. I lay my head on his lap and curl into a little ball. He plays with my hair and I slowly fall asleep.

A/N

Hi! I'm really sorry I didn't update yesterday! I thought I did but apparently not! Also, I wanted to post this today since I didn't yesterday, and I will still post tomorrow. I just wanted to say thank you guys for all of your love and support. You guys have no idea how much y'all mean to me. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading! ❤❤