FOURTEEN

"I'll grab my proposal," Lauren said and slid effectively from her grasp. Camila blinked and gave her head a little shake in an attempt to pull herself out of it. Work. Right. That's what they were here for. She could totally work, just as soon as her body stopped humming and she erased images of Lauren hot and ready to go.

Lauren retrieved a leather-bound portfolio from her attaché in the corner and took a seat on the couch. "Before I walk you through the proposals, do you have anything major scheduled at Havana on Thursday?"

Camila joined her on the couch. "Just regular traffic, why?"

"I'd like to bring in a potential client for drinks. The owners of Big Top Theatres."

Camila's interest was piqued. "The movie place?"

"Exactly. And I was wondering if you could do something special for them. Maybe a special drink for us all to try—all on me, of course. Maybe pull out something that could wow them and make them remember Havana down the line. The thing is, these guys are the hot ticket in town right now and really influential. They would make a great ally if they happened to like the place."

Camila's mind was already on the move, thinking of all the cocktail possibilities she could go with. She had an entire journal full of options to choose from. "Tell me about them."

"Think successful, energetic males with a high preoccupation with movies and having a good time."

Camila nodded. "My kind of guys. You're on. I'll see what I can put together."

"Perfect. Now look over these proposals and see what you think."

Lauren watched as Camila perused the outline of services she'd handed her. As the look of concentration crossed her face, Lauren sat back and studied her until she finally couldn't take it anymore. Quite simply, she found herself captivated. "You bite your lip when you're thoughtful."

"No, I don't," Camila said, releasing her lip without taking her eyes off the page.

"Okay. But you just did, so there's that."

That earned a smile and Camila turned her focus to Lauren. "And you go barefoot when you're at home alone."

"Yeah. So?"

"It's kind of sexy is all," Camila said with a shrug.

"You think that's sexy?" Lauren asked, feeling a series of tingles move through her at the compliment. She wasn't sure what it was about Camila that flipped her switch, but it happened every damn time they were together.

"Yeah." Camila said, nodding. "You without shoes is killer. There's something laid-back and relaxed about it that I love on you." And then she returned to the contemplative examination of the proposal and damn it if Lauren didn't regret ever handing it to her.

"Camz?" she said, deciding to take control of what she wanted.

"Mmm-hmm."

"I'm not sure how you're feeling, but I'm not feeling much like working." Nope. No, she wasn't.

"Is that so?" Camila asked, a small smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. "What do you feel like doing?"

"Other...things," Lauren said, as her gaze dropped decidedly to Camila's mouth. It's not like she could have helped it. And really, what was the point of hiding that? Because ever since Camila had graced the doorway of her apartment, she found herself moving steadily from the want to the need column, and it was probably time she spoke up about that. They were both consenting adults, after all.

Camila set the portfolio on the coffee table. "Maybe you should show me."

Accepting the invitation, Lauren pushed herself up on her arms, across the small space between them on the couch, and hovered just short of Camila's mouth, enjoying the anticipation, because God, it was good. This vibration of electricity between them was off the charts. But Camila didn't seem up for the wait and pulled Lauren's face to hers and sank into a kiss that, to Lauren, felt like water to her thirst. In reaction to the warmth and wonder of Camila's very talented mouth, her whole body ignited. She wrapped her arms around Camila's neck as they eased backward onto the couch, Lauren on top, a position she rather liked.