Roomates

Okay, here goes nothing. I thought to myself as I was about to knock on the door of my potential new roommates door.
To give a little bit of a back story, I'll be starting my freshman year of college in a week and had to find a roommate due to the girls dorm hall being full, and the other one being under construction. Luckily the college gave a refund of $700 for the girls who weren't placed so they could find an apartment to rent, but after that we were responsible for monthly rent.
Go us.
I'm guessing signing up 2 weeks late didn't really land you a good spot. So, I ended up starting up a search for people looking for roommates close to my college, and jobs since I would need one to pay rent. Luckily I found a add that said "looking for a roommate. 1 spacious bedroom with connected bathroom and balcony. Also full use of kitchen, living room, or pretty much just whatever. Located a block from Harrison college. $400 a month or something" along with a phone number and "text only", after I was sent the address I made a 4 hour trip. I kinda had no other choice.

~~ 4 hour time lapse ~~

After 3 knocks, I took a step back and patiently waited for someone to open the door. When someone opened the door, I was speechless. A god opened the door. Literally a perfect slender guy with nice abs, brown messy hair, and brown hair. How did I know he had a 'to-drool-over' body you ask? The guy was standing in front of me with just a towel wrapped around his waist.
Perfect waist.
Wait what? No, Rhyleigh stop.
Clearly my 'hopefully-new-roommate' had a boyfriend. He was definitely my age. Maybe just a few years older.
"Are you done staring, Love?" He asked and ran a finger through his hair.
"Uh.. um... what? I wasn't staring. I uh. I'm- I'm Rhyleigh." I stuttered looking at the ground. Embarrassed of the nickname he just used.
"Ahh. Yes, come in." He said with a smile that contained the most perfect white teeth, and turned around walking into the apartment, indicating for me to follow. Which I did.
"So where is she?" I asked awkwardly walking into the kitchen after him. Damn, this apartment was huge!
"Where is who?" He asked, opening the fridge. Apparently he doesn't care that he's practically naked in front of me, still only in a towel.
"Uhm, the girl I'm supposed to be rooming with." I said watching him take a swig of orange juice, right from the gallon. Okay, gross.
"Haha!" His laugh rang through my ears as he wiped the excess juice from his mouth. "So first you check me out then you call me a girl? Don't you have any manners, princess." Again with the pet name.
Okay. What?! My roommate was a guy?! No no no. Deal done. Not. Happening. I guess I shouldn't just assume. That could have gotten me killed. Stranger danger!
"Wha-what do you mean?" I stuttered, completely embarrassed.
"I mean that I'm the one who made the add." He said returning the gallon of orange juice to the fridge.
No, no, no. Did I mention, NO?!?!
"Here, let me show you around." He said with a slight smile and put his large hands on the back of my shoulders and began pushing me through the kitchen.
Holy hell. Talk about a nice apartment. It was probably more expensive than my whole house back home. This apartment had a huge kitchen, decent sized living room, appeared to be two bedrooms, a hall closet, and two personal bathrooms and a balcony-which was connected between the two rooms.
"This is your room. Or will be your room if you accept the offer." He said pointing to the first door along the hallway, then quickly added, "why don't you go ahead and look around while I get dressed." What?! I totally forgot he was naked other than a towel. *internal face palm*
With that, he left my side and went into the second door down the hallway. Great. So our rooms would be side by side to.
Good lord, on the bright side the room is huge. The walls a perfect beige color. Already accompanied by a full sized bed, night stand, and desk. Personal bathroom and a decent sized closet.
Wow.
Walking out of the room, I seen that his-which speaking of his, i need to figure out his name-door was still closed, so I decided to walk back into the living room which we passed through to get to the hallway containing our rooms. Well maybe my room.
"So, what do you say?" He asked, walking into the room fully dressed this time.
"Well first, I have three questions." I began, "what is your name, what grade are you in and why are you even looking for a roommate." I finished, looking at him intently.
"Uhm. The names Asher. But call me Ash, I'm going into Senior year. And uhh my mom said I was too lonely in this place and needed a roommate. So what better time than a time where multiple girls are looking for apartments. Figured I could pick up a few hot ones." He said smirking. Oh. Go figure.
"How typical." I said rolling my eyes. "Well, I'll be your roommate. Starting tomorrow. But no funny business." I said getting my wallet out of my MK purse. It was the only place I found and college started in a week. So I didn't have much of a choice.
"Funny business?" He questioned raising an eyebrow, "Just keep the money. My treat. You get one month free. Under one condition......" he started. Oh no. "You cook for me. I'm extremely tired of getting take out or drive thru food." He finished.
Ha! He definitely didn't have the body of someone who constantly ate out. I'm sure he worked it off though.
"Uh I have to at least give you something.. but okay, yes I'll cook for you." I said. Which earned me a smile.
After finally agreeing on $200 for first months rent, even though he insisted on nothing. I ended up just putting it on the kitchen counter and telling him I would return tomorrow to start the move-in process..

Walking out the front door of my shared new apartment, I thought to myself 'wow what a wonderful start to freshman year'.

Not.

****

(A/N) 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
So, I guess this is chapter one. I know it might be kinda bad. Or even cliché. But don't give up. I have a lot of things planned for this book. Read at your own risk...
mwahhhh hahahahaha.
Next chapter I will add pictures so the characters will have faces 😘

Until next time,
Laters babbbyyyyy (:
^^ yes I quoted Christian Grey. He is bae❤️😘

Please remember to vote and comment!! ❤️❤️

Leave ya girl some feedback 🤷🏼‍♀️😘