12 | radio interview

"so we're here with maisie carlson, hello maisie."

"hello!"

"how are you?"

"ive been better, [laughs] but here i am,"

"thank you very much for being here, it means a lot."

"thank you for having me,"

"so, to address the elephant in the room, what the hell happened?"

"[sigh] i was in an onset accident, it wasn't the crews fault, it was entirely unpreventable. but i have three broken ribs, three broken toes, a few other minor injuries, so yeah, [laughs slightly]"

"oh wow, that is a mess,"

"[laughs] just a little,"

"well we were all praying for a good, quick recovery for you, the whole internet went mad and into panic mode when we heard the news,"

"im so thankful for all the support, i truly am. i can't thank everyone enough for being so supportive and respecting my friends, family and my privacy. all i wanted was to make sure the media wasn't giving my family and friends stick, i didnt mind about me,[shrugs]"

"how could anyone give you a hard time? you're an adorable human being,"

"[laughs] you'll be surprised, people will say anything mean about anyone for any reason,"

"so we heard that you were revealed as the new Lara Croft! how does that make you feel?"

"i didnt expect it at all, my manager told me that the producer wanted me to send in audition tape, so i did that and so i was waiting for about four months until they told me, i was in shock because i've grown up watching angelina jolie as lara croft, and i absolutely adore that woman, so i am truly blessed. and bloody excited to play such a legend."

"well thats all we've got time for today, catch the new lara croft in cinemas at the end of the year, thank you maisie!"