Chapter 4

Error had finally gotten to meet everyone but he'd really wished Cross could have come. He looked outside and he noticed a glimmer of light bury itself in darkness. He gasped waving up at his friend. His friend waved at him shyly. Error knew he wasn't to go back outside so he waved bye and frowned. He looked behind him seeing a movie on and that got his attention quickly. He crawled up onto the couch climbing in Orbit's lap who smiled. He also liked the Error. Error never liked physical contact and never would... until now that is. He noticed what they were watching was a horror movie. Error buried his face into Orbits shirt as tears pricked his eye sockets. Orbit looked down hugging him tightly. "Want me to read you a bed time story?" Error looked up and shook his head. "No, I want to stay up with all of you." He said as Orbit blinked but smiled sweetly at him. "Can I go see Cross please?" Error asked cutely looking up at Orbit. "No, he'll hurt you Error, you need to stay here with us." Orbit said rubbing Error's skull reassuringly. "He won't hurt me, promise he won't." Error said getting down and rushing towards the door. "Error no, you can't- Error!" Error rushed outside towards Cross who waited in the shadows. Cross noticed Horror (Horrortale Sans) coming up behind him and noticed him smiling down at Error. Cross picked up Error holding him close to his chest. "Relax, I'm not gonna hurt him." He said his voice scratchy. Cross pushed Errors face into his jacket. "I'm not taking him to Nightmare. Nightmare doesn't even know where Error is, not the slightest thought." Horror said as Cross relaxed letting Error see Horror. Cross put Error down and put his jacket on him making Horror blink out of confusion. Cross sat down as did Error who smiled giggling covering his mouth with his sleeve covered hands. Horror couldn't help but smiled at the child. He was so adorable and he wasn't letting Nightmare kill this kids innocence. "So how was your sleepover?" Cross asked as Horror sat in front of him. "It was fun until we had to watch a scary movie, people died in it." Error shivered not liking it. Cross looked up at the people held back from the doorway by his magic. He glared daggers at them 'Making a child watch a horror movie, pathetic.' He thought grunting looking back down at Error's curious face. He smiled brightly rubbing his skull. "Hey, how about we get you some nice cream?" Horror said stuffing his hands into his pockets. Error tilted his head, "What's nice cream?" He asked as Cross stood up and taking Error's hand to help him up. "It's a snack for ya." Horror stated  standing up. "Wait, what about daddy and Uncle Carrot?" Error pointed to his former family. Cross cursed under his breath and took Error over to his family.

"You probably ain't gonna believe me but we aren't letting Nightmare hurt him. We're technically on your side. He's safe, now if I let you go you aren't gonna try and kill us are you, not in front of a child are you?" Cross smirked as they nodded nervously. He let them go after he picked up Error holding him close to his chest. "Now, he wants nice cream so I'm gonna get him nice cream." Cross said as Horror stayed on his tail watching his back.

They went to see Burgerpants, the one who took care of the cart carrying the nice cream. "Cross, are you gonna get some for yourself?" Error asked. "No, just for you." He said poking Error nose. "Well, then I'll share mine with you." He said making Cross and Horror flinch. "Okay, but most of it is for you okay?" Cross said chuckling as Error vigorously nodded his head.

Approaching the cart, Cross bought a nice cream giving it to Error. He eyed it suspiciously before licking it. His eye sockets turned to stars as he started licking at it. He held it up to Cross who took a small bite out of it. Horror watched Error glancing at their enemies every now and then.

He sighed swiftly turning around. "We're not giving him to Nightmare, he's not ruining that kid or his life. We all know he's short tempered so he will beat Error to death for even crying let alone a small tear." He explained. He grabbed Inks shoulders giving a stern look. "We aren't gonna hurt Error, kay? It's that simple." Horror said tightening his grip. "Fine, but that doesn't mean we trust ya." Ink said flatly. Error was put down and yanked on Inks scarf. Ink looked down smiling at Error. He knelt down patting Errors skull. "What do you want, hon?" He asked. Error shoved the nice cream in his face. "You can have some!" Error said sweetly. Ink giggled as a rainbow blush took over his face. He took a small bite as Error watched in awe. "Whoa, you're tongue is so many colors! Look at mine!" Error stuck his many tongues making everyone cringe at it. Blueberry was just fine with it cause it wasn't the first time he had seen his tongues. Horror picked up Error frightening everyone. Error wrapped his arms around Horror's neck without a second thought. Horror blinked before smiling and wrapping his arms tightly around Error who giggled. But he gasped letting go of Horror. "You're hurt." He said. Horror regrets letting Error see the crack in the very back of his head. Error had tears dripping and being worried for his one of many watchers. "It's okay, I'll be fine." Horror reassured as sweat beaded his forehead only making Error cry more.

Error looked at Ink desperation perfectly shown. "Ink, we have to help him, he's hurt." Error said making some snorts and chuckles heard in the background. Ink looked at Horror who was trying to contemplate whether he should ask for help or find this adorable. Ink looks back at Error who looked cute covered in tears. I mean, when you consider the situation. "Okay, but he's fine you'll see." Ink said as Error smiled shoved nice cream into Horrors teeth. Horror smiled trying not to cry. Error reminded him of Papyrus. It was so sweet.

Halfway to they're home, Error had fallen asleep and was sleeping on Blue shoulder. "He is kinda cute this way." He whispered slowly rubbing Errors back. "Yeah, he's completely harmless, and oblivious." Carrot stated chuckling. Blueberry noticed Carrot had a cigarette in the longest time and that made him happy (we all know why, I hope). "However, hate to ruin your parade, but there is a balance we have to keep." Ink said his voice cracking. He didn't want Error to destroy anything just as much as everyone else. "Actually Ink, the balance was broken when Error turned back into a child. Not to mention he hasn't showed any signs of destruction so either the balance is broken of it's finding a replacement." Cross said.

He and Error used to play with other AUs code and it was always able to replace itself or it would just stay broke, but it was always little pieces. For example, they would kill tiny meaningless characters or they would take a small artifact out. It never hurt anyone permanently tho.

Approaching the house, the heroes said bye to they're enemies. Error started to wake up yawning. "Hey, kid." Blue said adjusting his arms to hold Error as he sat on the couch. "Where's Cross and Horror?" Error asked rubbing his eyes. "They went home to go to sleep, you should also be in bed." Blue said looking up at the staircase to see Ink wave at him as he went to bed with everyone else. "You want me to read you a bed time story?" Blue asked as Error tiredly nodded his head. "Can you sleep with me, I had a nightmare." Error said. "Is that why you woke up?" Blue asked making Error nodded. "What was it about?" Blue pressed. "I killed people, they were begging for mercy but I didn't listen. I didn't want to hurt anyone though, I wasn't in control." Error said as tears streamed down his face. "You aren't gonna let me hurt anyone are you?" Blue stared at Error who sounded scared and desperate. Error was asking Blue to kill him if the situation got to the point. "No, I won't let you hurt anyone, but I know you won't." Blue said poking Error cheek who giggled. "Now, let's put you to bed." Blue said carrying Error in his arms and climbing the stairs. "I would never hurt you, or Ink, or daddy, or Uncle Carrot, or any of ya, you've been taking care of me." Error said smiling brightly up at Blue. Blue chuckled to himself. 'God he's so damn kind.' Blue sighed sitting Error in the bed and grabbing a book. "Here's a good one." He said smiling widely.

"Once upon a time..."