Two

Friday
  The warm, California November air serenaded the group of us as we sat outside during lunch.
  "Dude, the party tonight is gonna be sick. Maybe Dad will let us drink some," Ryan said as he bit into his cheese and tomato sandwich.
  I shrugged as I sipped my single lunch item, water. "Because drinking is so cool," I said sarcastically as I winked at Brittany.
  "I don't know, Abi, when Ryan gets around alcohol I hear he'll do some strip teases for us," she laughs, making us all laugh. The first time Ryan got drunk, he was around a bunch of older kids. He was a freshman and he insisted he had drank before to seem cool, and got so drunk that he started to do strip teases at the party in front of a bunch of high schoolers. It was pretty embarrassing, luckily most of them graduated that year so he could mostly live it down.
  "Not cool, Brit," his smile faded quick. Tomato juice dropped from his sandwich onto his white Smiths tee shirt, making us all laugh and Jon spit his water onto me.
  "Jon! You douche-ass. I didn't want water all over me for the rest of the day!"
  "Oh yea?"
  "Yea," I said as I playfully shove him onto the grass.
  "You thought," he yelled back as he pulled me down with him.
  Brittany and Ryan were rolling. When Ryan would smile, pieces of tomato were stuck to his pearly white teeth, causing us to continue laughing. Catching my breath, I pull myself up to the table and sigh, still laughing.
  "Anyways, yea man. I know the party tonight will be sick," Ryan repeated to Jon.
  "Alright man, well I can't be around alcohol or anything. Something could get out and ruin my career, or Brittany's, literally anyone's. But I can't let something like that get out, I have the show to worry about," Jon stated seriously. He's going to start filming for a new show called SeaQuest DSV in a year, and he has to be extra careful whenever he goes out to be sure no rumors can get started. Underage drinking would kill his career.
  "Man, lighten up. Dad says shit like that won't kill a career as long as you're not the one drinking. Plus, don't worry. Dad would never let the press get into my life," Ryan reassured him.
  Ryan's dad is James Cameron, and considering he's got all the money in the world he needs, he's really laid back. Ryan is always having parties and going to the best concerts, meeting the coolest actors and singers, living every teenagers dream. Though he is down to earth, his head is up in the clouds.
  The lunch bell rang and we stood up from our courtyard lunch table. "Hey Jon, I'm gonna just go straight to your house after school until it's time for the party," I informed him as we walk to our last period class.
  "That's fine. Maybe we can get some food or something as well," he suggested.
  "We'll see. I'll see you after class," I said as I walked into my art class.
  Art is the same every day. As usual, Ms. Fawcett stood in the front of the class and bitched about the same two guys who never do their work and shadily showed favoritism in those who do their work.
  Finally after what seemed like hours of hopeless painting, the bell rang and I ran to go meet Jon by the car.
  I finally reach the doors of the school and walk to my car, where Jon is already leaned against the passenger door looking effortlessly cool. I teasingly yanked his brown flannel and he turned quickly.
  "Abi! You can't go sneaking up on me like that," he playfully hits me. I laughed as I made my way to my door.
  "You had to have seen it coming," I said as I started the car.
  "Well, can't say I expect anything different from you. Hey, do you want to get some dinner before the party?"
  "Jon, I have no money. Myles and Joe haven't needed any help at the shop, so I haven't been working," I solemnly respond.
  "Abi, I can pay for you," he pleaded.
  "You always pay for me," I complained.
  "And? Come on Abi, please?"
  "I-," I started to argue, but Jon shushed me and turned up the radio as Fast Car by Tracy Chapman played.
  We smiled and took in the wonderful song together as we sang until we pull into his driveway.
  As we walked into the white doors of the beautiful house, his mom greeted me with the usual hug and "how are you?"
  "What are you kids going to be up to tonight?" Mary asked as she wiped off the kitchen island.
  "We're going to a small get together at Ryan's," Jon informed her as he ate a cookie.
  "By small get together you must mean 'sick party'," she joked.
  "Of course we do," I responded, smiling.
  "Just be safe. Why don't you kids go up to Jon's room? Greg and I are going to dinner in an hour or so, so I need to get ready," Mary suggested.
  I shrugged and Jon and I walked up the stairs to his room.
  "Still as narcissistic as last time," I smirked as I stepped in. Jon's walls are covered in posters of movies he's been in; Ladybugs, The NeverEnding Story 2, and more posters of movies he likes.
  He rolls his eyes as we sit on his bed. "You know-"
  "Yes I know, you're proud of your accomplishments. I was picking on you," I quickly defend myself.
  Jon and I laid back on his bed as we turned on the TV.
  My friendship with Jon is unique. We act like a couple, yet we don't. We cuddle, watch movies, and once we kissed, but we're best friends, nothing more, and that's how we like it.
  A few episodes of some new soap opera went by and I looked over at Jon.
  "Are you hungry?" I ask him.
  "Yea, what time is it?"
  "6:15, I'm gonna put some nicer clothes on," I say sitting up.
  I go to my car and grab the oversized flannel, translucent tights, black boots and shorts.
  "Jon, what do you think of this outfit?" I ask him as I walk in his room holding it.
  "I'll have to see it on you," he said as he fixed his hair in his mirror.
  I set my clothes on his bed and took my shirt off. I've never minded changing in front of Jon, because we're just that close. As I bent over to pick up deodorant before putting my shirt back on, I feel Jon's cold hand on my back.
  "Absidee, what is this?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.
  I cringed as I remembered the bruise on my back from the previous night.