Six (trigger warning).

Friday

  "What's up guys?" Rachael called out as she sat in the backseat of Jon's car. For once, I decided to let him drive. Partially because his dad told him he needs to before his car crumbles into ash.
  "Hey Rach," I smiled as I turned around. Jon smiled at her through the rear view mirror.
  "Y'all are quiet," she noted as she looked out the window.
  Truth is, we were pissed. Jon and his mom had it out over another dumb part. Then she told him she didn't feel comfortable with us going to the beach for an entire weekend. Then she had apparently found my cigarettes, because there was that big argument. Jon was mad at her for treating him like a 5 year old and I was mad at him for blowing up like one.
  About an hour down the road, Jon got a look in his eye. A smirk if you will, but just in his eye. Before I got the chance to say something, Jon took a sharp turn onto an empty street and floored it. Laughing his maniacal laugh and blasting a Nirvana song, he took another sharp turn onto a backroad and sped past houses and parked cars and eventually through a huge puddle.
  "Jon! What are you doing?" I shrieked, grabbing the "Oh-shit!" handle, as Rachael just shrieked.
  "Getting the energy built up," he responded, slowing down as he laughed.
   "Getting us killed!" Rachael smacked his shoulder as he kept laughing.
  "Y'all didn't want a small detour?"
  I rolled my eyes and sat back. "Just get us there alive," I crossed my arms.
  Jon smirked and leaned in to kiss me. I ducked back and said, "eyes on the road, pretty boy."
  After about 20 more minutes full of laughter and loud music, we finally arrived at the huge beach mansion where Britany was already tanning while listening to annoying pop music. Ryan was kicking around a soccer ball with some guy, his friend I assumed.
  "Pretty boy! Abi! Rach! You guys made it," Ryan approached us, kissing Rachael as he talked.
  "Of course," Jon's skinny arm linked up with Ryan's huge, muscular arm. He smiled as Ryan stepped back to introduce his friend, who's name was Andrew.
  "Pleasure," Andrew smiled, locking eye contact with me. He had a Manchester accent and a charming smile. He reached out to shake my hand, to which I shook back and smiled awkwardly.
  "My name is Abi, and this is my boyfriend Jon," I emphasised the "boyfriend," part.
  Andrew nodded and shook Jon's hand as well.
  "I live next door. My dad builds these houses, and pretty much all the houses in the neighbourhood," he said in a cocky tone.
  "Your dad knows what he's doing then," Jon smiled politely. "Ryan, would you mind if Abi, Rachael and I took our bags in?"
  Ryan jumped to grab Rachael's bags as Jon grabbed mine and his, and led us in.
  I gasped as we stepped in. It was huge. Just from the fourier, I was in love. The ceilings were 50 foot high at least in the living room, where the upstairs level was visible. The living room was decorated in very nice vintage furniture, the dining room joined on the side where a dark oak table decorated with doilies and flowers, expensive china and wine glasses sat. I didn't get a chance to explore much of that floor before Ryan dragged us up the set of stairs in the living room.
  "This is where you guys can stay," he opened a door to a huge guest bedroom.
  "Who's is this?" I gasped. The room had a king sized bed in the middle of the wall as you walked in, a ping pong table in front of a set of leather couches in front of a huge window overlooking the beach, a huge entertainment center in the corner, and two doors to which I assumed were closets and bathrooms.
  "Normally, it's mine. But this weekend, I get the master bedroom. Fresh silk sheets, brand new bedding and just redesigned," Ryan kissed Rachael's cheek. She blushed as Jon and I set our stuff on the bed.
  "Ryan really keeps it humble," Jon joked as he threw some shirts into the drawer.
  "What else would you expect?" I laughed as I did the same.
  "I think we're going to have some fun this weekend," Jon muttered so that only I could hear him, grabbing my waste and putting his forehead against mine. We kissed and I blushed, kissing him again, longer this time.
  "Jon! Absidee! Let me show you guys the- oh. No, carry on. It can wait!" I heard Ryan's someone obnoxious voice call into the room.
  "We're coming," Jon sighed, smirking. "Come on," he grabbed my hand and we followed Ryan to his basement.
  "This is where we'll be hanging out for the most part," Ryan explained. The basement was no let down either. It was full of video games, a wall with shelves full of movies, a wall with shelves filled with CDs, and movie posters everywhere, specially ones Ryan's dad directed.
  "There's three bathrooms. One in that bedroom," he pointed down a hallway, "one in that bedroom," pointed across from the other one, "and that," he pointed to a door beside the bar. "Here's the hot tub and pool," he opened an outside door to reveal the very nice patio area. "Game room is in here," he opened a huge room with an air hockey table, a pool table, a basketball goal, and other arcade games as well as a poker table.
  "Ryan, man, this house is huge," Jon exclaimed, his face in awe.
  "It was Dad's gift to us, instead of vacations now we just come here. Plus, when Dad goes on his deep sea dives locally, now he can just stay here. It's pretty cool. Andrew's dad had it made specially for us last year. We just moved in this past summer," Ryan explained.
  "Well, why don't we get the music blasting?" Jon said as he walked over to the wall full of CDs. "Ah, perfect," he smiled as he waved a Jimi Hendrix CD up. He put it in, and surely enough Purple Haze blasted through the large speakers throughout the house.
  "Let's go out here, what does everyone want to drink and eat?"
  "I'll have Coke," I answered. Jon said the same and Rachael asked for a water bottle.
  Ryan went to the bar to grab the drinks as we all made our way to the patio, where Britany had thrown on a button up blouse over her bathing suit and Andrew was swimming.
  "What do you guys think of Hendrix?" Jon inquired as he took his huge flannel off, leaving him in a t-shirt and jeans.
  "He's bloody brilliant. But, try this. I'm sure the lass will appreciate this a little more," Andrew winked at me, adding a CD to the 5-CD mixer and skipping to it.
  An electric guitar riff sounded out, and then a nasally voice began to sing,
  I live my life in the city, but there's no easy way out. The day's moving just too fast for me
  "Who is this?" I asked, intrigued.
  "Oasis," he stretched his muscular arms out and smirked at Jon. "They're from back home. I could probably get the guitarist's autograph for you," he sat beside me, shaking his hair in his towel.
  "Oh, no worries. They're really, really good though," I smiled awkwardly, scooting closer to Jon.
  Andrew didn't seem to get the hint, as he kept talking.
  "So what's a pretty lass like you doing hanging around a schmuck like Ryan?" he joked as he sipped a beer.
  "Abi and I are his best friends. Jon too," Brittany interjected, catching on to his obsessive behavior.
  "You don't talk much, do you?" he asked me, annoyed by my friends.
  "No, she doesn't," Rachael said, standing up. "Come on, Abi. I need your help unpacking."
  "That guys a total creep," Rachael muttered as she slammed her suitcase on the bed, pulling out shirts and shorts, throwing them in a drawer in the dresser.
  "Yeah, you think?" I rolled my eyes at the thought of him.
  "I hope Jon doesn't get too mad," Rachael commented as she continued unpacking. "Wouldn't want a fight here."
  "Jon wouldn't hurt a fly. He's just... emotional. Explosive, I guess. But it takes a lot to get him riled up anyways. I'm not too worried about it."
  "Abi, Jon is more emotional than you think."
  "What makes you say that?" I sat on the bed, playing with the hem of Jon's flannel, which I was wearing.
  "Well, you'll have to forgive us for talking about you guys. But Ryan and I were talking, honestly I just wanted to know more about you guys, nothing bad. But Jon is very rough on himself. Ryan said when he's flown out to filming locations to surprise Jon, he would be hard on himself and blame himself for every wrong doing. He was never happy with himself."
  "Rachael, don't you think he would tell me if he wasn't happy?"
  "He stays strong for you, it's almost like he feels responsible for your happiness," she smiled sympathetically, putting her empty suitcase in the closet.
  We both turned our heads as we heard footsteps headed towards the room. Jon appeared around the corner and entered the room.
  "Hey guys," he sighed as he sat in a chair beside the dresser. "What do you guys think of Andrew?"
  Rachael looked at me and then back at Jon. "A fucking creep if you ask me."
  I nodded in agreement, thinking about what Rachael said about Jon. I always knew he was emotional, but I assumed it was part of his personality to not talk about his problems. Not that I never tried, but why did he feel as if he can't come to me?
  "What's wrong, Abi?" Jon asked, shaking me out of thought.
  "Nothing! I was thinking about, uh, nothing. Should we all go back down there?"
  "Yeah, let's go," Rachael grabbed a sweatshirt and headed out.
  "Are you sure you're okay?" Jon asked me before we went down.
  "Uh huh," I nodded, smiling small.
  "If you don't feel comfortable around Andrew, just let me know. We can leave."
  "Okay," I reached my arms around his neck and kissed him. We grabbed hands and made our way back down to the pool patio.
  "There they are. Hey, check this one out," Andrew said as he pressed play on the CD player. "This was a number one hit back home," He smiled as the guitar riff started.
  I need to be myself, I can't be no one else
  I'm feelin' supersonic, give me gin and tonic
  You can have it all, but how much do you want it?
  Jon nodded his head to the beat, as did me and the rest of the girls.
  "I suppose you all like it," Andrew said in a cocky tone.
  "We do," Ryan agreed, annoyed. "How about we get a good game of basketball going?"
  Jon smiled and grabbed the basketball from the supplies closet. "Let's go," he passed it to Ryan as the three guys jogged to the court beside the pool.
  "What do you girls say we go jump in the pool?" Britany suggested as she pulled her large white button up off, revealing her yellow bikini.
  "Sure! Abi, let's go get our swimsuits on," Rachael smiled.
  "I'll follow you guys, can't have the boys drooling over me alone, you know," Britany winked as we stepped in the house.
  Rachael and I stepped into our bathrooms to change. Opening my suitcase, I pulled out my light purple one piece and stepped into the bathroom.
  One wall was completely mirror, where no matter where I stood in the bathroom, I would see myself. I took my clothes off and pulled my swimsuit on.
  "Shit," I muttered, looking in the mirror. So many scars and cuts were visible, on my legs, arms, some bruises were visible as well. "Maybe they won't notice," I sighed as I picked up my clothes.
  "Oooh shit! You girls look sexy!" Britany said loudly, causing Rachael and I to smile.
  "Last one in the pool is a tight ass!" Rachael yelled as we opened the door to the pool area. We all booked it for the pool and jumped in, causing a huge splash.
"Woo!" I smiled as I came up.
"Ladies, ladies, no need for the commotion! We all notice how pretty you all are," Ryan joked, shooting a basket.
  We all played in the pool, splashing around and having races, playing childish games, when suddenly we turned and saw Jon racing towards us, pulling his shirt off and jumping in the pool with us.
  "Had to join the fun," he smiled as he grabbed me, kissing my cheek.
  The evening was full of fun. Eventually, all the guys jumped in and we had a long game of chicken fight. We all got out of the pool as Ryan grilled some burgers, started a fire in the fire pit and roasted marshmallows. Andrew pulled out his acoustic guitar and we all sat around singing songs. Around midnight, Britany stood up and announced she was going to bed. Not too long after, Ryan, Rachael, and Andrew followed, leaving Jon and I alone.
  "What do you think?" he asked, putting his arm around me as we faced the pool, The Smiths playing lightly in the background.
  "It's been amazing," I lay my head against his chest.
  "Abi, I love you," he whispered to me.
  "I love you too," I answered. "Jon, can I ask you something?"
  "Yeah, what's up?"
  "I don't, I don't weigh you down, right?"
  "No! What on Earth could make you think that?"
  "I just don't want you to think you have to take care of me. And you can be open with me too," I tried to assure him.
  "Absidee, I know that. What would make you think I'm not open with you?"
  "You're not open with me. I know you aren't 100% honest with me. Why is that?"
  "Abi, I am. I promise you. Okay?"
  I sighed. "Okay."
  "Come on," he stood up, pulling his t-shirt off and grabbing my hand.
  "What are you doing?" I asked, standing up.
  "I wanna go swimming," he smiled as he took my hand.
  "Jon! Everyone's asleep," I hissed, trying hard not to smile.
  "I highly doubt Ryan and Rachael are asleep," he scoffed, making me laugh.
  I rolled my eyes and pulled my t-shirt off, slipping into the pool as quiet as I could. Jon joined me and we swam around quietly.
  "Jon," I whispered as he pushed me against the pool wall softly, kissing me the whole time. "Jon, there's neighbors," I smiled as he kept kissing my neck. 
  "I love you so much, Absidee Davis," he whispered to me, our foreheads touching, hands holding.
  "I love you too, Jonathan Brandis."