Chapter Twenty

Guiding Zendaya to one of the closest chairs after stumbling many times on our way to my dressing room, she grunted in content once her back came into contact of the supported cushioning. I wiped the side of my face down with my shirt as I felt my skin crying from all the hard effort of bringing my friend back in one piece because I have no clue how I was able to withstand holding someone the same weight as me for a long period of time, no thanks to Zendaya's being uncooperative.

"Do remind me to never chase you again." Zendaya yawned whist mumbling her words when positioning herself in a more comfortable position, "I'm going to take a quick nap because you tired me out."

I chucked hearing Zendaya immediately snooze from being exhausted of playing cat and mouse earlier. Quickly changing out of my sweaty clothes, I slipped one of the many sweatpants and singlets before opening up my laptop to turn it on. Just as my device turns on and I put in my password, the icon of my mum wanting to FaceTime pops up.

I clicked the accept button and I get a visual image of my entire family on the screen. Looking at where they were, it appeared that they had just checked in wherever they were staying for their trip due to all their belongings evidently seen behind them.

"Hello my beautiful family." I spoke like they hadn't noticed that I picked up.

"Hey Y/N." "Hi Ry!" I laugh how excited Blue looks as she jumped out of mum and dad's arms and fell straight forward, cutting herself out of frame.

"I'm okay!" The three of us laughed at Blue's reassurance to us as she went back into our parent's lap.

"Hey bubby, how are you?" I waved at her as she waved back to me.

"Good that I get to see you now." My parents and I awe at her response making me want to just squeeze her tight. "How about you Ry?"

"Well I just finished opening for the girls not long ago and it was so much fun!" I say as my parents looked excited for me. "I couldn't believe how many people there were out to get them pumped up for the girls."

"Get used to it Y/N because one day you'll be the one the entire stadium wants to hear as they scream your name." My dad says with a hint of confidence behind his words.

"Yeah one day I guess." I smile and I see Blue looks a tad drowsy with her eyelids on the brink of closing. She yawned and nuzzled her head in between the crook of mum's neck. "Aw looks like someone needs to go to bed."

Blue's head shot straight up resulting in colliding with mum's chin. Dad and I stifled our laughter at their simultaneous groans coming from the two. I could tell that mum had refrained herself from swearing since Blue was in the room which made it more humorous of the current situation.

"You two alright there?" The two grunted in response and I couldn't help but let go of my laughter. I held onto my stomach and rolled around as Blue whined me to stop laughing.

"It's not funny to laugh at them Y/N." Dad said as he continued to contain his chuckles and when he stopped talking, I saw from my screen that someone had opened the door.

I quickly turned around and I see Dinah and Normani's mouths hung low. I don't know if it's because the two saw my family or they overheard dad call me by my name. I don't know which it is but I pray that it's the first one.

"I've got to go. I'll FaceTime soon, love you all." I turn back and pressed the end call button then cringing at the fact that I slapped my laptop screen down harder than I wanted to.

I swiveled around to face the two girls who were now in the room with the door closed behind them. I cleared my throat in nervousness as Dinah and Normani stride towards me with grins eating their way across their faces.