Chapter Twenty One

It's been a week since of the man handling incident with the paparazzi's which have been blowing up on every social media possible. It was comforting that Reid had paused the tour to get Lauren's wellbeing in place before money or the fans.

The fans were definitely supportive over the break since the girls had given their sincerest apologies individually. To have fans undying words of 'get well soon' to 'have more bodyguards' were the commonalities of each devoted person to Fifth Harmony and of course their thanks to both Xander and I for their protection.

There were even headlines of me where the phrases were easily manipulated in ways to get people to read their articles of the fateful night of putting paparazzi's in their place for their inhumane deeds with the harassment of a famous icon. Words still twisted in ways to keep their readers enticed but the truth was still present of what happened that night as they bash on those specific pitiless man that took photos of Lauren instead of helping her like any other human.

"Ryder can you go wake her up? It's about time to eat breakfast." Ally asked as she shook me from my dreamily staring into the night that I will never forget.

I took the plate of food and a bottle of water from Ally and walked over to the next room which Lauren had sheltered off. Those doors were to be closed at all times for her own command as she barely comes out of her room to properly feed herself. It was a traumatic night for her and as of now, it seemed that I was her only hope of keeping her sane in the four walled room.

It was never easy to stand in front of the door and to wait for a granted entry as times she would not want any company or food. I wished what would come of her sanity if she was to be stuck in that room for any longer.

I knocked on the door twice and sought out for the only two words she had spoken after that night.

"Come in." I braced myself with a breath and turned the handle to find Lauren out of bed.

She was always in bed and for the first time this week, she finally had gotten out. Though from the lack of use of her legs, Lauren's legs began to buckle. I ran to her side and luckily falling right into my arms.

"Lauren as much as I like you to be in my arms, you've got to be wary that the muscles in your legs will be weak since you've been in bed for the past week." Lauren snorted at my words but had nothing to say back.

I lead her to the bed and let her legs hand over the side so the blood could flow in its natural body system. Passing the plate of food and water to Lauren, I dragged a chair beside her to make sure she had eaten everything of that plate. Even if she hated to eat anything on that plate that had a high nutrition value.

The room was in peace quiet besides the small sounds of Lauren's chewing. My eyes rested onto her face where you could tell that she wasn't getting the right amount of sleep and that her eyes were slightly fading of the little golden spark she'd have in the corner of her eye. Her lips chapped of as to the knots in her black hair that use to be tamed.

However I still found the lady enticing, no matter of her slight change of appearance.

"Why made you decide to get out of bed today Lauren?" I softly spoke, not wanting or needing her to turn away from me.

Generally I'd get no answer from Lauren as she'd push the empty plate to my hands then turn away from my face as she'd lie on her side but this time was different. Her mouth opened up to only close once more as she did it multiple of times but eventually her lips quivered with glossy eyes.

"O-oh Lauren, I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm sorry." I blurted instantly in guilt of bringing her to tears. I face the ground, not wanting to face her as I brought sorrow.