Skype

Chapter 7 Skype

//Abi's POV\\

As soon as I got home I raced upstairs and opened up my laptop. And I see that I have missed five calls from Maddie. Oops. Straight away I call her back.
"Hey Abi!" She says really excited.
"Hi" I say I return.
"Why have my you been answering?"
"Oh well I've been to yogtowers for the day!"
"Omg really? that's soo cool! what did you do?"
"Well most of the time I stayed with sparkles* and we recorded a song, after that I meet this cute boy who's the same age as us. he's so cute his eyes just glittered whenever he looked up. then af..."
As I finish my sentence maddie stops me.
"Wait.... you never speak about boys like that"
"What do you mean?" I say that even though I know that I never used to say 'nice' stuff about boys, mainly about how annoying they are.
"Abi you like him! don't you? haha yes you do!! wait what did you say his name was"
"Erm I didn't. and I don't like him! Geez i only just met him!"
"So your saying if you knew him more you would like him?" she laughs.
"No.. just that.... Well.... maybe I do like him... a bit."
"I knew it!! What is his name?"
"Uhh Toby"
"Aww that's cute. oh wait that's it! Tabi!!"
"Tabi? What does that..... oh wait... did you just ship us, like actually combine are names and literally think we should be together?"
"Yes I did!" she excitedly admits. two seconds later I get a friend request. who that I think to myself. Someone called sototallytoby. oh I remember now! that's his username. I add Toby and instantly he invites me to a call.
"Oh umm maddie I've got to go Lewis... I mean dad says I've got to go to sleep"
"Oh ok bye" she sadly says.
"I'll call you tomorrow?"
"Sure!" then I leave the call and answer tobys.
"Hello!" I say
"Hi" he replies.
"You okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine" he says. I see pascal in te background running around, or is it Kiki, I can never tell the difference.
"Good how Martyn and kaeyi?" I ask.
"They're good aswell" he tells me.
"Ahaha" I giggle. Now one of the cats has jumped onto Toby's lap and is just sitting there, not a care in the world.
"Ugh pascal, why do you go and sit here!" Toby says annoyed.
"Aww there soo cute sometimes! she obviously loves you!" I says with awe.
"Yeah but they can be really annoying, at night they will scratch on the door trying to get in"
"Aww it's just because they love you and want to snuggle up with you!" I exclaim.
"Yeah I know but it's just annoying" he tells me.
"Oh hey guess what?" I ask him.
"What?"
"Mum and dad said that tomorrow we're going to look at the school that you go to, to see if I can start there!" I excitedly say to toby.
"Really? that's soo cool!" he says loudly.
"toby who you talking to" say who I guess to be martyn in he background.
"Err my friend" he says to martyn. then suddenly kaeyi jumps up from behind.
"Looks like his girlfriend to me!"
"Wait what? no we only met today?" Toby crys.
"Seriously kaeyi? you must be joking?" Says I.

//Toby's POV\\

As soon as she says that my heart gives a horrible jolt, I feel like I was going to be sick.
Aw come on you to will he soo cute together!" kaeyi announces. Would we? I thin to myself.
"No" we both say together.
"Alright, calm down" a laughing kaeyi says.
"Toby you better got to bed now it's 10:00, Abi you probably should to" uncle says from his office window.
"Ok I'll see yo later Toby" my angel of a friend says.
"Bye Abi"
"Call me tomorrow?" She's whispers quietly so kaeyi can't hear. I nods and smile then end the call. I shut down my laptop and put it next to me then kaeyi sits next to me.
"Are you ok?" she gently asks.
"Yeah" I reply.
"Are you sure?"
"You sound like Abi, it's exactly what she asked after you left" I sadly say to her.
"Toby, you like her don't you?"
"What....... no!" I almost shout.
"What's going on?" martyn calls from above.
"Nothing" I murmur and I leave to go to my room. once I have my pjs on I slip into bed and think about my mum. My mother is in hospital, she's waiting to be diagnosed with cancer and I can't stop thinking about her. It's bringing me down, but when I was with Abi today I forgot about. Everything and I was happy for once in a couple of weeks. Yeah I think I do like Abi, I really like Abi. But I can't tell her if she doesn't feel the same about me. I sigh and fall asleep awaiting the next day.