2

I barely got any sleep last night. I was dozing off at work. I felt really tired and wanted to take a short nap. Spencer, my coworker eyed me warily. I gave him a soft smile and continued my work which consisted of cleaning and replacing products on the shelves and helping customers also.

"Hey, you're alright?", Spencer asked me. He was the only one who was closer to me than the rest of the staff members. Although he knew little about me, he was always around me, ready to lend me a hand in case of emergency. He was totally the definition of that proverb, 'A friend in need is a friend indeed.'

"Yeah. Just tired." It was obvious that he wasn't convinced but didn't press the matter nonetheless.

"Hey freak, the boss calling for you." If I had knew any better I would have said that Spencer growled at her. Even I don't like her. Stephanie Lawrence. It was rumored that he was sleeping with the boss for an increase in the salary. Spencer once told me that her parents got fed up of her spoil brats behaviors that they sent her for job. I really pity her parents who had to tolerate her for almost most of their lives.

When I entered the small office, I was greeted with a mid thirty man, muscular, blonde with brown eyes whom I dislike more than anything in this world. The one and only Bryan Hutson. What surprised me even more was that he looked at me. Well I'd rather say look behind me. Only then I noticed his personal slut standing behind me. Sometimes I wish she could just mind her own fucking business.

"I've got some groceries that you need to deliver for me." I was sure a look of disbelief was etched on my face. I knew that at time someone would deliver groceries to I don't know where and I was relieved when Bryan told me that I wasn't capable of doing such thing. At first I was angry at his statement but then I realized that I was more than glad since I hated to go out at night beside leaving to go home. But now that he was asking me, I didn't know what to say. I couldn't possibly deny it. He was the boss after all. Stephanie mumbled something incoherent under her breath that I couldn't quiet decipher and that caused Bryan to glare at her. Those eyes you never want to meet, the intensity of it make you want to run for dear life.

"You may leave. Claudia will give you the groceries and the address." Nodding I left a quick as possible, knowing what these two intend to do. I met Claudia at the counter, a woman about my age. We don't talk much but one thing that we have in common is the hatred for that slut. Spencer caught us bitching about her. One thing I love about him is that he also hates her. In the beginning she used to flirt with him. The gagging expression he was giving was totally worth watching. But then she realized that she was wasting her time. At times I would understand her because seriously Spencer was the type of guy you would willing drop your panties for him. Those dark silky hairs, the chocolate brown eyes, tall and well built.

"Before anyone could say anything I told them about the job assigned to me. The way they were looking at one another was like they were having an internal battle or talking via their thoughts which now I think is completely unrealistic. When they finally looked at me, they struggled to find word to say.

"I'll talk to him." Spencer was about to rush into his office when I grabbed his arm. "I don't think you would want to." He looked frustrated and angry and even Claudia hold the same expression. There was a piece of paper with something written down on it. Only when I looked at what I assumed was the address and some directions did I understand why they were behaving like that. It was in the middle of the forest. The part grandma always warned me not to wander.

I had to assure them that everything was fine even I didn't know what could get wrong in the middle of the day where the sun was shining with all its glory. Claudia agreed quicker than Spencer but in the end he submitted. Before I left he made me to promise him that I'll be extra careful and hurry up.

I took the bags and drove away as fast as possible, knowing that that was my last shift. I was impatient to get home. Unfortunately for me,Fate decided otherwise.

Spencer for you, ladies and gentlemen.