p.t. barnum ◆ from now on

barnum realizing he loves you rather than charity

from now on

---

This wasn't the Barnum you knew. The Barnum you knew would look for a solution in this problem, would find some way to make the others smile, to get the others through it. You took a deep breath, everyone looking at you - Barnum's best friend - for some sort of solution; sitting down beside him, you finally found your only solution.

"I saw the sun begin to dim, and felt that winter wind blow cold." Everyone looked up at you, surprised; it was rare that you talked, even to Barnum is was a small surprise. It was really only to Barnum that you talked, you trusted him the most out of everyone, and you found yourself confiding in him. "A woman learns who is there for her when the glitter fades and the walls won't hold. Cause from then rubble, what remains can only be what's true. If all was lost, there's more I gained. Cause it led me back..." You reached over to grab his hand, looking at him, hoping he would return your gaze. "To you." 

At your last word, he turned his gaze upwards, looking at you with teary and exhausted eyes... you couldn't stand the thought of him being broken once and for all. Determined, you kept going. "From now on... these eyes will not be blinded by the lights. From now on... what's waited till tomorrow starts tonight. Let this promise in me start like an anthem in my heart. From now on..."

"From now on..." He repeated softly, squeezing your hand momentarily, the smile he used to wear still non-existent. With a final sympathetic look, he got up out of the barstool and walked over to the other side of the room, staring at his pictures decorating the walls of the bar. Defeated, you tapped the bar twice, the bartender pouring you a small shot which you took immediately. "I drank champagne with kings and queens, the politicians praised my name." Everyone looked up at him, but you kept your back to him, not interested in hearing his backstory anymore, as you'd lived through it with him. "But those are someone else's dreams, the pitfalls of the man I became." Wait...

"For years and years, I chased their cheers. The crazy speed of always needing more." He turned around just as you did, staring at you with the eyes you knew to be Barnum's, his crazy spark lighting once again in them. "But when I stop and see you here, I remember who all this was for." You couldn't help but smile, standing up off your barstool and meeting his gaze as he came to the bar, pouring two mugs of beer. He handed one to you and smiled. "And from now on these eyes will not be blinded by the lights. From now on what's waited till tomorrow starts tonight. It starts tonight!" Everyone in the bar cheered and raised their fists, something seeming to lift in the murky atmosphere in the bar; it finally felt alive. "And let this promise in me start like an anthem in my heart. From now on! From now on!!" Setting his glass down, he picked you up by your hips and lifted you onto the top of the bar, sitting there himself and raising his glass as he repeated: "From now on!"

"And we will come back home! And we will come back home! Home, again!" Everyone made their own cheers together, dancing around the bar and stomping around, shaking the bar; the light returned to the bar and everything seemed to change. Barnum smiled at you, getting himself off the bar to join the rest of the group, extending an arm out to you so you could join. 

Your feet moved themselves as you got lost in the rhythmic pattern of their stomping, closing your eyes and letting the music take you wherever it needed to. "And we will come back home! And we will come back home! Home, again!" You found yourself cheering with the group, them spinning you around when you got to some people. You'd never felt more alive in your life, you finally understood the Barnum magic he brought into each room, and it was overwhelming.

Finally, as the group rang out their last cheer, someone pushed you right into the arms of Barnum, who seemed just as surprised as you. Something seemed to change in his eyes, and finally (finally!) he leaned down to kiss you passionately on the lips. Your eyes widened in surprise, but you quickly wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him back willingly; you wondered if someone had ratted you out to him. The cheering in the bar seemed to get louder as you giggled into the kiss - apparently the group wanted this just as much as you did. He pulled away with a stupidly large grin. "These eyes will not be blinded by the lights... what's waited till tomorrow starts tonight. Let this promise in me start like an anthem in my heart. From now on..."

"From now on..." You nodded pulling him down once more for another kiss, making him smile and lift you up, spinning you around the room as everyone cheered for the both of you.

"I'm sorry it took me so long." He whispered as he placed you down, hands still placed gently on your hips. "If I'd known I would've never have gone on that stupid tour." He shook his head and looked down guiltily, knowing how much seeing the paper destroyed you. You placed your hand underneath his chin and pushed his head gently up so he could make eye contact with you. Looking at his guilty face, you just smiled, kissing him once more as a forgiveness. 

---

---

i tried with this