s e v e n

"Where were you?" Batman asked before Dick had a chance to speak.

Not that he could really speak. He was out of breath, his chest heaving in what felt like the tiniest amount of air possible. Sure, he was fit, but fit enough to run for twenty minutes straight? Oh hell no.

"Robin, are you alright?" Batman asked, standing up and walking over.

He could feel sweat slowly making it's way down his forehead. His lungs seemed to be on fire. His legs and ankles hurt from the speed he ran at. Cross-country and sprinting put together weren't his thing. Heh, Wally would've made some sort of joke about this.

He really missed Wally.

Bruce sat Dick down in a chair. Forensics and detectives alike were staring at them now. Their expressions varied from concerned to annoyed.

If Smith was here he'd probably be yelling.

Wait. Where was he?

And where'd the body go? It shouldn't have been moved yet. It was too soon.

"It's Lilith." Dick replied. Oh lord he was out of breath. "She's the demon."

Bruce's eyes seemed to squint a little behind the lenses. "How long have you known?"

Dick placed a hand on his chest where he was stabbed as he panted slightly harder.

"What's wrong?"

"The stitching..."

"We should go." His voice raised a little and he helped Dick up.

He hobbled over to the elevator, damn his legs were sore. Yeah the stitching was hurting a little too, but that wasn't half as bad.

After five minutes, they arrived at the batmoblie. Mostly because of how out of breath Dick was. Well, that and his legs were really sore.

"What happened?" Bruce asked, concern clear in his voice.

"I- I went to Lilith's and she was there and she was eating a person and and it all just yeah."

There was a long silence where Dick started to reflect on his terrible English, "So..." Bruce started, "That makes her the demon?"

"Yes! Well... She was in the demon's form. Like, the demon, you know? The demon!"

"Uh... No? Are you alright?"

"Fine! The demon! You know? Wait, you haven't seen her. Uh, um. She uh... She's scary. And... She has horns and and oh! Lots of teeth. Like the entire width of her skull is teeth. And she has claws. And she's really thin. Like a skeleton with skin! But... Bruised? I don't know it was dark. But you could kinda see cause her eyes glow white. Oh! And her mouth too! And um, yeah I think that's it."

"So how is it Lilith? Who is Lilith?"

"Lilith Hall!"

"Oh, and how is she the demon?"

"Oh my god. Was I not clear?"

"No. Are you sure you're alright? Did you actually see Scarecrow and hallucinate the demon?"

"No! Lilith is the demon! I saw her change!"

"When?"

"In the hospital! Keep up!"

"You... Lied to me?"

"All the ti- shit. Um, yes. I- I was protecting her though! I thought I could help her! She hates that thing."