C H A P T E R 20

I've been avoiding William all day. Micky had earlier allowed me access to his back yard. So I've took refuge here for the past two hours or so. William has come back here twice and tried to gain some type of conversation out of me. I'd responded very robotically to which he waved off with a "Grow up."

For the most part I just watch the birds as they land a few feet away from me, eat a seed scattered on a bird post, and then proceed to fly away. They don't know how easy they have it. Not that I'm comparing my human life to a bird life, but they really just don't know how hard life is. It actually makes me jealous. I wish I could fly away.

The air outside was chilly and at the moment I wish I wasn't so damn scared; so much for no fear. The thought of going in the house and having my skin praised by the warm was a blessed thought. William was in a very shitty mood today and I quite frankly like to keep the air in my body. The asshole always seem to turn to me to release his steam.

I shiver.

My fear ain't that damn strong, I huff before standing to go into the house. I slide the glass door open and walk inside hoping for the life of me I wasn't being waited on. I walk slowly through the long hallway leading into the living room and am glad to hear nothing. When finally reaching the living room the emptiness matched the silence.

The tv is running and the show that is being displayed is very unfamiliar. I take the controller, unmute the tv, and allow myself to watch the random show.

****

"Naiomi," came a call from the upstairs. The voice belong to William and the approaching footsteps was no doubtably his too.

I don't look at him as he descends the staircase. I don't even acknowledge him at all. That's until he stands directly in front of me. Leveling my eyes with his groin area. I chose to look up and at his forehead instead.

"Yes, William" I say, blandly.

With that he chuckles, "Have you ever spoke my first name before?" He hum, grasping my hands. He pulls me up and into his arms. For multiple reasons I allow him to.

William sways our bodies slightly.

"I've allowed my anger to get the best of me today, I'm sorry."

He's been making apologizing a habit lately.

I don't know where his mood changes came from but it's pretty weird. He no longer calls me names and he is much more affectionate. Just the drive here he practically forced me to allow him to hold my thigh.

Why? I don't know. That's William confusing ass for you.

The thought of him choking me caused me to step out and away from him a little. Not completely, I didn't want to piss him off again. William is very unpredictable but today was something else. I don't need it happening again.

Ari made her way into my mind again. I missed her so very much. Jazzy was safe I knew, I just needed Ari to be safe. William was the only one that could ensure that though. Maybe he feels bad enough from earlier to do that for me now.

I huff before looking him in his eyes, "Are you going to find Ariana?" I say, hoping to the heavens above he actually have been still looking for her.

He stare down at me. His eye search mine and for a second I believed he caved, then he drops my hands preparing to turn away from me. Surprisingly enough for the both of us, I grab him. At this point I'm desperate. I mean, why is he behaving this way speaking on this subject anyways?

"William, please?" I beg, staring him dead in the eyes. "Is there a reason for your reluctance? Why won't-please!"

William took a step away from me and did so again when I walked towards him. I crossed my arms.

At this point sadness wasn't an option. Sadness wouldn't find my sister, it won't bring her to me. William seems to be of no help at all. All I want is for her to be okay. Simply. Even the slightest reassurance that she is alive and well would help me stay sane and hopeful.

I've been pushing her off for too long. A long with other people I've seem to have forgotten. My sister, she is one of my top priorities right now though. Worry about her and then worry about the rest.

Why won't William help me though? I've asked little of him since he's captured me and practically kept me hostage. Hell, I don't even remember asking him to let me go. I've been very cooperative and quite frankly, he's not being fair.

"We will discus your sister when we get home," He says. "Speak on this topic again before then and I will tell you nothing, yes?"

I nod.

"Good."

He stares at me a second longer. I stare back.

"Mickey, we're leaving" William calls out, looking away from me now. "I need everything by the end of tomorrow, no later."

Mickey appears at the top of the stairs holding a manilla folder in his hand. He looks at me with the slightest of a smile before looking at William.

"I have the papers that needs signing" Mickey descends the stairs, manilla folder outreached. "These are to be returned to me within thirty days."

William nods and takes the folder when Mickey was close enough. Mickey looks at me again and stretched his hand for me. I took it was a smile.

"It was nice to meet you Mickey" I say genuinely.

He chuckles slightly, "This won't be the last of me... ya won't get rid of me that easy." With that he releases my hand, "Take care in the mean time, and keep and eye out for this young man."

To be polite I let out a slight chuckle. William doesn't need taking care of, he's William. Besides, even if he did, I would be the last person he would let take care of him. Not that I would volunteer my services anyway.

Mickey looks at me expectantly.

"It's my job as his fiancé to ensure he's always okay" I say with a hint of sarcasm, the slightest. It went over Mickeys head as he nods in approve.

"You too make one fine couple."

William stands there and ignores the entire exchange. He doesn't even acknowledge what Mickey had just said. He was going through the manilla folder as if it held the key to all his problems. Eyes skimming and scanning. I bet whatever it is it's not that important.

I couldn't help but allow myself to take him in. So focused.

His brow twitch up once as his eyes zone in on something. Lips set in a straight line as he takes in whatever was set on them papers. He was standing as if the slightest movement would cause him his place on the page.

Now that I actually look at William, like actually look at him, I can honestly confirm that this man is very well kept. This topic has nothing to do with nothing, I know, but I can't help but to notice.

William is always in a suit. Always. Hair is always nicely done, always perfect. His green eyes are always gleaming, and his lashes only make his eyes that much better. His lashes were better than mine. His lips... his lips are always so soft looking. Just as soft looking as they feel. Jaw well structured along with the frame of his shoulders and neck. Addition to that, he is very well built.

As I run my eye back up from his chest his eyes catch mine and he winks. Quickly I look away from him only to find a boyish smile on Mickeys face.

The audacity of them staring at me while I gawked at him. Beside, if they think that's the looks of him will make me hot was something far too left. Not only does looks matter but attitude does as well. That man almost choked me out to death, I will be damn.

"Can we go home now?" I ask, trying to change the direction of their attention to something else.

"I know that look" Mickey says.

I mentally face palm myself.

William smiles.

Like I said; the audacity of these two. I'm allowed to stare for as long as I want. It's innocent.

****

Enjoy :)