The Way The World Works

Chapter 2 - The Way The World Works

Years passed meaninglessly and before I knew it I was already 6 years old, that is, without counting my other 19 years worth of knowledge. I worked hard to be obedient and intelligent so as not to disappoint my parents. 

I, being a fox had hightened senses and strength, and used them how I could in training them so that I would be able to make my parents proud. I'd even do all the chores around the house so my mother could relax.

However, on one annoyingly cloudy day, two men with black cloaks arrived at our door. They knocked and my mother allowed them to enter. "We're here at cause of the offer you made." spoke the tall man with glasses. "Akira, would you mind coming down here?" my mother called, and I, jumping all 14 steps made my way to her side. Smiling widely," Yes, mother?"

As it seemed, all my efforts would go unrecompensed. My mother cleared her throat and said," These men will take good care of you, I can no longer bear to see te sight of you." I was well aware that my fox ears and tail weren't welcomed in the world, I thought my mother cared for me despite that.

I was wrong, and with that, the two men chained me by the neck, wrists, and ankles then hit me on the head with something similar to a baton, rendering me unconcious. I was, for the first time in my life, accumulating a morbid amount of resentment. My smile was no longer, my eyes stopped gleaming, and my intentions were now weighted by animosity.

I spent 7 years in a building they brought me to. I endured all sorts of experiments and torture, but one day, a girl came in to see me in my cell. She place her hands behind her back and bent over slightly to look into my indifferent eyes," Akira, was it? I'm Lilia De Bruesch, I would like to be your friend." She said smiling, then offered her hand despite my being chained up. 

I looked up to get a clearer view since my orange-red hair covered her slightly, and for the first time in a long time, found something funny. I pulled and strained every inch of my body to tear the chains from the wall, and fell over on the ground before her. Then stood up slowly enduring the pain the ate away at my body and stood taller than she did.

"Are you insane?" I spoke hoarsely, "I couldn't get out of this prison if I wanted to, and though I it's been a pleasure meeting you Lilia, I think I won't last much longer." However I noticed, her face was completely red, and I entirely forgot, I called her by her first name, which was considered 'acting too comfortable'.

Immediatly closing the eyes on her blushing face, she slapped my cheek. Which after all the accumulated fatigue, seemed to be all it took to know me asleep, and falling over on the ground, my body screamed painfully, Knocking my conciousness from me. Which seemed to have been the end of the line for me.

 However, feeling a kiss on my lips, my heart jumpstarted and pounding in my chest. I immediately woke up, my face red I jumped off of the bed I was on and into the wall, looking at Lilia, who's face was redder than mine was, but taking a good look at her she was gorgeous. This was too much for me to handle, and with all the blood rushing to my head, I fainted.