08 / eight

After dropping Jimin off and exchanging a few more words with his father, Baekhyun heads home. When he opened the apartment door, he caught a whiff of tobacco. The smell seemed to be coming from Chanyeol's room. Baekhyun frowned and held his nose as he made his way in front of the younger males door.

He contemplated knocking, but just entered. The taller was sat in a lounge chair near the open window. His eyes landed on the cigarette in between Chanyeol's fingers. "Oh, when did you get back?" Chanyeol asked. "Just now.. I didn't know you smoked." Chanyeol stood up as he put it out in the ash tray on the nightstand. "I don't do it often." "I see.."

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol briefly. "Have you eaten, yet?" He asked. "Uh, yeah. I picked up something a while ago." the taller says rubbing the back of his neck, Baekhyun nodding after his reply. "I'll be going then. Don't smoke inside." the older said turning on his heel, and heads into his own room, closing the door behind him.

He sighed falling onto his bed. The meeting with his dad was just another marriage proposal. He'd been expecting due to the fact that he would be twenty-five soon. Baekhyun thought about the other times his parents had introduced him to some girls they thought were lovely. But the girls had only done it for business or social status.

Baekhyun's thoughts had been interrupted by the ringing of his alarm. He reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone.

The bright screen displayed a reminder for class the next morning.

The boy groaned and tossed it to the side, as he sat up and began to unbutton his shirt. A few moments later his outfit had consisted of a plain white t-shirt and gray sweatpants. Baekhyun drew back the covers, adjusting his pillows when he got a knock on his door. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked once Chanyeol poked his head in. "There's takeout in the fridge if you want it, I'm going out for a bit."

Baekhyun suddenly became curious since Chanyeol seemed to not have a life besides work. "Oh.. Where are you going?"

"Just.. you know. Out with a few friends." Baekhyun, not satisfied with his answer, just brushed it off and hummed. Chanyeol closed the door, the front door closing shortly afterwards. Baekhyun climbed into bed, pulling the covers up up to his neck, and closing his eyes. He fell asleep quite quickly.

4:15 am

Jieun's car pulled up to the apartment complex Chanyeol had told her the address to. "Chanyeol, sweetie. wake up." She said tapping his shoulder. When he didn't stir, she shook him roughly and poked his cheeks. Chanyeol shot up abruptly, startling the girl a bit. "We're here. Are you okay?" Jieun asked seeing how the boy was still spacing out.

"Yeah.. I'm fine." Chanyeol said, opening up the car door and stepping out seamlessly. "Call Hanse, when you get in, okay?" Chanyeol hummed. "I'll see you later, thanks Cha." He said, calling the girl by her last name. He found his way into the lobby, pressing the fifth floor button on the elevator.

Once arriving on the correct floor, he held the wall to have some stability as he walked through the hallway.

"Shit.." He muttered as his vision had gotten blurrier. Blinking a few times, Chanyeol read the numbers on each door until he had finally reached his and Baekhyun's. He reached into his pocket, pulling out his key ring. "For fucks sake, Chanyeol." He looked at each key, not able to tell which was the correct one due to his blurry vision. He picked one and tried it, and to his luck it wasn't the right one.

Baekhyun tossed and turned until he finally got up. His stomach began growling as all he had to drink was an Iced Americano and he hadn't eaten at all. He shuffled into the kitchen, eyes squinting once he turned on the overhead light.

He opened up the refrigerator, seeing the take-out Chanyeol had told him about earlier. Baekhyun opened up the box, upon seeing the contents, he wasn't really feeling stale egg rolls and cold Jajangmyeon, so he settled for Chanyeol's ramen. He grabbed one from the cupboard, peeled off the sealing and poured in water. Baekhyun opened the microwave and put the cup ramen inside.

Finally it was done, and Baekhyun grabbed chopsticks from the cutlery drawer. He began to eat, grimacing when the hot ramen burned his lip. Baekhyun got up from his seat at the island to get a paper towel and some water, when he heard rustling then a thud from outside the door. He set the cup down and checked the peeky-hole.

Once he did so, he saw Chanyeol lying on his back in front of the door, his chest heaving up and down. Baekhyun unlocked and opened it, Chanyeol sighing in relief when he saw the elder. "Oh, thank god." Chanyeol said as he stood up. He stumbling over his feet, Baekhyun catching him. "Did you drink?" Baekhyun asked, genuinely surprised. "Obviously." The taller replied as the shorter wrapped his arm around his shoulder and lead him to the couch.

"I'll get you some water." Baekhyun said jogging into the kitchen once more, getting the cup from earlier and pouring some water into it. He made his way back to where Chanyeol was seated and handed him the cup. Chanyeol took it and drank it swiftly, his adam's apple bobbing up and down. "Thank you." He said handing the cup back to Baekhyun, who set it on the coffee table. "My head hurts, and I can't see anything." Chanyeol said with a pouty frown and suddenly laid his head on Baekhyun's lap, taking him by surprise. "Uh-hum." Baekhyun chuckled nervously. "Ch-Chanyeol."

( )

hello children

i said i was gonna update today and friggin did, boi. thanks for following and reading even thought i barely update and i get into writers block all the time. also i haven't really been actively writing much because of school but there'll mostly be more updates during spring bc spring break. any story progression so far i don't really know about it, i'm unsure but new characters will be introduced. maybe a lil kaisoo action y'know. kACHOW