14. Sumo ka shravan, Shravan ki sumo!

~ There is nothing in the entire world that feels home to me, more than the warmth of your arms~

When ten years ago, Ramnath Malhotra had bought this flat in the posh apartment complex of chandigarh, owing to his hefty schedules here, he had never thought this would be where ten years later, his son would flee away to. But then, life is entirly unpredictable, and as Suman stood outside the front door, it was near dusk and she was contemplating if to knock or call him. Her cell phone beeped at that instant.

"A spare key always stays inside the plant pot outside"

At times like these, Suman felt really glad to have a friend like Pushkar. Smiling, she unlocked the door to be welcomed by an eerie silence of the house. It was a small one, a drawing room, a kitchen and a bedroom. Plain and simple. Suman kept her suitcase aside as she walked towards the bed room and pushed it open.

Shravan who was just coming out of the washroom towards his bed, in his signature tracks and v necked full sleeved T-shirt, froze seeing Suman at the door step. Suman had her eyes on his face, and without realizing, she started taking baby steps towards him.

Hothon pe tere, shikwo ka shor hai,
Per ye nigahein kahti kuch aur hai!

Suman didn't remove her gaze from his face, even for a second. She kept their eyes locked, as she walked slow steps towards him. Shravan stood frozen, unable to differentiate if it was a figment of his daily imaginations or the reality. Suman, for the first time, read the uncertainity that his eyes were screaming aloud. She cursed herself for not being able to understand the person she had claimed to love for all these years. Reaching up to him, she didn't speak, and rather, kept her head on his chest, wrapping her arms around his torso.

Jo hai mile lamhe kahi, choot na jaye haath se,
Mil jane de dil jo bane ek duje k vaste!

Shravan went stiff at her touch, his arms still falling limp my his sides. He didn't dare to move, lest she would disappear. Suman recognized the turmoil in his heart very easily, it wasn't really difficult to understand Shravan if you want to. She tigthened the grip around him, bringing him out of the trance, and in a reflex, Shravan held her more tightly burying her head in the crook of his neck now. With closed eyes, he held her like his breaths were dependent on that proximity, like it would kill him some more if he let her go even for a microsecond of his existence. The urgency and need in his embrace were so frightening that it shook Suman, her heart twisting just imagining the extent of his agony.

Kyu hai dabi si khawaishein, dil me tere bewajah,Jake jara use bol de, chahata jise tu raha,Kahi teri khamoshiyan, jeet na jaye pyaar se,Mil jane de dil jo bane ek duje k vaste!

Jake jara use bol de, chahata jise tu raha,
Kahi teri khamoshiyan, jeet na jaye pyaar se,
Mil jane de dil jo bane ek duje k vaste!

Suman very lovingly, held his hands in hers as snuggled out of the embrace, only to find tears ready to pour out of his eyes. Suman cupped his face, hers reflecting the immense love her heart held for him. His eyes were already filled to the brim, and with her touch, a few tears rolled down her cheek. Suman stood on her toes to kiss his right cheek followed by the left one.