Making Friends on Wattpad

In terms of social attitudes on Wattpad, it’s literally no different from the outside world. The same rules apply. Be nice, and people will be nice to you in return. If you happen to act like an arrogant and extra spiky cactus, you will be burned at the stake.

Be warned.

Making friends can be daunting at first, but it’s something you’ll just need to get a hang off. If it makes you feel any better, no one can see who you are behind your computer/mobile/laptop screen. *awkward silence*

Yeah, let’s go on.

Like I said in the previous chapter, the Café Club is the best way to start! Go there and make a few buddies!

The other way to make friends, is to find a book that you think you’ll enjoy. Make sure to pop some comments and votes for the author. You can even send them a lovely message about how much you love their work. If you’re lucky, the person will reply you, and you can strike up a friendship!

You can also get active in some clubs. I am personally active in the Multimedia Designs Club. I’ve made quite a number of friends there and things are pretty sweet.

Find a club you like, help out in threads and talk/type to people, and you’ll make heaps of friends.

No one should be lonely on Wattpad.

So, let’s say you’ve met someone who is pretty darn awesome on here. What do you do? You have the choice to follow them. Following someone is the exact same thing as fanning them. Wattpad just decided to change “fan” to “follow”. The follow button is the orange button, located under the person’s profile picture. This is found on his/her profile page.

As awesome as it is to make friends, let’s talk about the things you shouldn’t do.

1.     Don’t send a person ten messages at once. It’s annoying and clogs up people’s messages and inbox. People are not on Wattpad 24/7. Most of us have school, jobs, families, tumblr… you get it

2.     If someone says they don’t feel like talking, don’t pester them

3.     There comes a point where being “friends” with someone, goes borderline of stalking.  Be discerning and give your friend some space, okay?

4.     Don’t think saying “follow me, comment and vote for my stories and promote my work to your fans” will make you friends. It won’t. People will avoid you like a plague. You’ll seem like someone who likes exploiting people.

5.     Keep in mind, some people e.g. “famous” Wattpad writers probably won’t reply your messages because they have a ton of messages and stories to write on demand. Don’t loose your cactus. Accept it and just move on. Try making friends with undiscovered writers as well. They are true gems!

So yeah, I hope this chapter was helpful. If you have any questions, pop them below. I’d advise you not to private message me questions. I’ve got heaps of messages in my inbox, and it’s going to take days or weeks to even reply back to them.