Twisted Fate- Part 1

Hey guys! this is my first time ever doing this so cut me some slack! :)

please leave some feedback! thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I slammed my locker as hard as I could. I hate this new big school! I hate my teachers! Well, except Mr. McDonald but that's because he is a babe! And I hate myself for transferring here! All this was so stupid!

You see, I transferred to this big school known as Hibbing High School from my little, old school called Nashwauk-Keewatin. In N-K, everyone knew everyone. But here in Hibbing, it's a dog eat dog world. Great, right?

I watched a girl named Madeline walk from around the corner with her navy blue hollister bag. All I thought was "wow, she's probably a huge snot and cares only about her looks and clothing labels". She walked past me and I glanced towards her locker which was only about 4 lockers down from my own. Envy overwhelmed me was I saw a group of giggling girls hurry toward Madeline.

I watched as they all walked by laughing and talking. Why couldn't I have friends like that? Sure I have Kayla and Ellen but I have nothing in common with them. While they turned gothic and wore heavy black liner and clothing, I wore bright colors and no heavy make-up. I had Autum too but let's just say that she was a total w*hore. Otherwise, I was friendless and lost in this big school. No one to look to for support and advice. Sucks, right?

The bell rang for 1st hour so I walked to Geography with Ellen like usual.

"Raynee, you seem upset. . .?" Ellen said.

"I'm fine, just fine. Just hate this place, ya know?" I mummbled. Ellen looked concerned. Normally I'm upbeat even when everything is gone wrong.

The rest of the way to class we remained quiet. The day flew by like crazy. Not that I minded or anything. Science was great, FAC's was dumb, English was boring, Math absolutely horrid, and Choir was weird. Oh, and lunch was lonely as ever. Today is the first day of practice for hockey! Yes! I absolutely love hockey! That's the reason why I transferred to Hibbing.

I carried my overly heavy Easton hockey bag into the locker room. I opened the door and saw her. Madeline. Great. Who would've thought that I'd be stuck playing with her for 5 months? Not me. That's for sure. Madeline was a little bit taller than me. While I was blonde with blue eyes, she had deep, brown hair that shined in the light and soft, welcoming brown eyes. I envied her. I almost hated her. Pathetic, right? She was way more pretty than I would ever be.

I sat down and dressed myself in my hockey gear. Madeline laughed and joked with the girls. She even started singing Tik Tok! We all left to get on the ice. The drills were so simple but I was just happy to be able to skate on the ice again. See, last season I was out because of a ACL injury and not playing hockey for a year really made me miss out on new skills. Hockey was my life.

Practice ended and we all went back to the locker room and got undressed. I sat quietly and kept to myself. But then someone said my name and I looked up. It was Madeline. Interesting...

"Is it okay if I add you on Facebook?" she asked politely

"It's fine" , I smiled back.

I then thought to myself, I think I just might have become friends with Madeline Carri and that made me hate Hibbing just a little bit less!