Twisted Fate- Part 9

~~~ Raynee's P.O.V ~~~

I wanted to run. Hard and fast but that was impossible. The "Dr." was staring at me with a smirk and a creeper face on. Like as if I was his rabbit to experiment on. I shuddered at the thought. Madeline pinched my arm lightly and I looked over at her. Her eyes were lit up with excitement and obvious joy. Jeff had his arm around her waist. That's why she was so excited. I gave a small smile to her. She then looked at me with concern on her face. I just shook my head and put a fake grin on my face.

See, I forgot to tell you about what had really happened between Jeff and I before the hockey game. I never really took a nap.. this is what went down.

~~~ Raynee's FLASHBACK ~~~

Finally, I'm done with this blasted homework! Ugh, I'm exhausted! Maybe I should take a nap? Nahhh! I picked up my iPod from my bed, put my ear buds in and listened to my favorite song 'Angels On The Moon'. Feeling myself nod of into my sleep, my phone started buzzing on my lap annoyingly. I picked up the battered thing and saw it say '1 new message from 610-823-7149'. Who the heck was this, I thought frightened and curiously.

I clicked on the ' view now ' and read, "hey there, my girl! ;)"

Scared crapless, I replied, "Who is this?!"

"I'm offended! How could you NOT have my number?! Jk! :) "

"Seriously. Who is this?" I pushed

"Your boy, Jeff of course! :)"

I've never felt so happy in my life! Jeff Greenwood had somehow gotten my number and was flirting with me!! Almost peeing myself of joy, I quickly texted back, "Oh! Sorry! How did you get my number anyways?"

"When I want something, or someone, I make sure I get them... If you're catching my drift... ;)"

Wholy crap he was really into the smiley stuff! "Yeah I do!"

"Good because I feel like there could be something special between us. Really! You're beautiful and I would be a very lucky man if I got you for myself"

"Really?! I really, really like you too!" I was absolutely certain he was going to ask me out! My heart was flooded with warmth and happiness and love all at the same time! I have never felt this good in my entire life! This is what I needed right now! Especially after my grandpa had died. But I really think I'm falling in love! Corny, right? But still! I was 16 and I never felt this way about a boy before! He made me happy and smile every time he looked at me. I knew right then and there that I had fallen head over heels for Jeff Greenwood. He made me wanna sing and dance and smile every minute of my life!

"I never said I liked you? All I said was that there COULD BE. Not THERE IS. There is a big difference. Jeez. I was actually wandering if you could help me get Madeline to date me? I like her A LOT!"

My heart broke right then and there. Pain, hurt, and every thing negative filled my heart that once held joy and love. I could feel myself crack and turn cold. Tears sprung up in my eyes and spilled over, running down my face like a small stream. Hate swept into me. But not hate for Jeff. I hated myself. I hated my hair. Hated my dumb height. Hated my dull eyes. Hated my body. Hated myself in general.

From tears just streaming down my face, I then shifted into a quiet sob. No one was home to comfort me or soothe me like a baby. I decided then that I was going to help Jeff. All I cared about then was Madeline's happiness and Jeff's happiness.

"Oh, ha ha! Silly me! Sorry about that! And I was totally just kidding! And of course I'll help you with Madeline! What are friends for anyways?!" I said. Faking happiness and joy in my message...