prologue

Luke's POV

Does it almost feel like nothing change at all?

Here I was. Lying on my bed, listening to Pompeii by Bastille.

" Luke! There's a package with your name on it! Come downstairs! " That's my mom. I didn't even know she was home because she rarely stays home. She has so many jobs to do. She's a little bit.. old? She shouldn't be working too much, anyway.

" Coming mom! " I jumped out of bed and exit my room, feeling a little too excited about the package. I don't know why, but I hope there's something good inside of it.

As I walk downstairs, I noticed that mom put the package on the couch. I grabbed it and headed back towards my room and close the door. I sit down on my bed, still holding the package on my hand.

I opened the package with my scissor blade and see what's inside.

A cereal box.

Somebody sent me a cereal box.

I grabbed the cereal box but then I realized-

It was empty.

Somebody sent me an empty cereal box.

I grabbed the cereal box and put it on my nightstand. There was a rolled-up tube of bubble wrap underneath the cereal box. I pick it up and unroll the bubble wrap and discover seven loose audiotapes. Each tape had different numbers written on it.

Someone actually still using.. tapes?

Oh yeah I remember, Mom has a Walkman. She said it was one of her ' teenage ' stuffs she had. I walked back downstairs and saw my mom in the kitchen.

" Mom? " She turned her head to my direction and said " Yes? "

" Can I borrow your walkman? " I grin as she rolls her eyes. " Go find it in my bedroom. "

I ran to her room as fast as I can and saw that her Walkman was on her pillow. I grabbed it and walks back to my room. I press eject and slide the first tape.

" Hey there. It's Audry Rose speaking."

No, it couldn't be. Audry?

" I know what you're thinking. Thee, Audry Rose? Yes, this is she. If you're listening to this, I'm already dead by now."

Yeah, I know.

" I'm here to tell you my life story, more specifically, why it ended. And if you got these tapes, you are one of the reasons why."

I paused the tape and take a deep breath. I'm one of the reasons why? I did nothing wrong, well at least that's what I thought. Why would I do something wrong to her? Especially when I.. have a crush on her.

Should I listen more?

No.

Do I want to listen more?

Yes.

I was curious, I can't help it. Am I going to regret this later?

My brain hadn't answer that question yet, but my finger already press the PLAY button.

Author's Note : Hey guys, 10 votes for next chapter? And please comment if you're reading this story, or else I'm gonna feel stupid for talking to myself. Thanks xx