REI

PROLOGUE
プロローグ

PROLOGUE プロローグ

PERHAPS IT were the constant deafening noise of motorbikes roaring past, or his provocative neighbours who were yet throwing another late party, or maybe it was the effect of the million thoughts which kept jogging in his brain, but kim taehyung just couldn't seem to fall asleep.

with a low grunt, he flipped to his side and squinted to make out the neon numbers on his digital bedside clock.

03:38 read the device. taehyung emitted a long sigh as he rolled around in his warm blankets before tossing it aside and stumbling out of the comforts of his wrinkled bed sheets.

he slipped on a long black coat over his silky navy pyjamas and tousled his messy dark blonde hair around a little while kicking off the grey slippers at his feet, replacing them with a pair of dark brogues. this was not a fashionable pairing of clothes, but who even cared at this late goddam hour.

walking out of his room and into the tight corridor of his small apartment, the male's eyes darted to the kitchen counter and he reached out to grab his keys, burying them deep within the pocket of the coat. taehyung looked around his stuffed apartment once before twisting the cold door knob and stepping out into the cold world outside.

the streets of seoul was empty as expected, due to the early time. taehyung walked slowly but steadily, admiring the pretty stars pasted above him in the endless dark sky. he suddenly thought of his parents, and wondered how they were doing back in daegu. i hope they're well, i miss them. he bit his thick lip as he thought and continued down the path which was laid out in front of him.

a breeze brushed past him, making strands of his soft hair fly in the same direction and taehyung stuffed his hands into the pockets of his coat absentmindedly. a light appeared in front of him and the male looked up and felt thankful as he saw the familiar sign on the same white building.

jung's convenience store ! open 24 hours.

he brought out his left hand from the pocket and pulled open the door coolly. a soft chime followed after him as taehyung stepped in and nodded at the man in a red sweater at the register, who was devouring a cup of ramen.

"another sleepless night?" the man asked.
his face brightened as he noticed him entering.

"you bet." taehyung spoke in monotone and sighed as he walked around the store, searching for nothing in particular at all.

these days he had troubles sleeping, and the convenience store had been a regular place for him to visit everyday at 3am to get things off his mind. he would then lumber home to find himself worn out, which helped him to finally sleep. taehyung figured that that was the only way for him to do that, so that was why he has been sticking to this routine for a week. but it wasn't really that much of a hassle, as his apartment was located fairly close to the store anyway.

he liked how he got to walk around the city freely without anyone around to push him, compared to the busy streets of the day where everyone struggled to strut past. taehyung was also grateful to hoseok - the employee - who he has befriended due to the amount of times he came by. he found out that hoseok was around the same age as him, which made it more easy for them to communicate.

other than all of that, the boy loved the stars.

kim taehyung enjoyed going out and looking up to admire the pretty sea of ethereal stars which seemed to be shining brighter every day. if he had a canvas and the right skills he would make sure to paint them. he could paint them all the time but would always still be intrigued by the sight of them whenever he saw them.

because in his eyes, nothing could possibly overshadow the beauty of the stars.

+

a/n

okay so this was supposed to be the intro or something ??? also this made no sense and i was supposed to improve my writing but wherE ?!
it's so bad

* republished

hahAHA i am sure that this book would flop again just like all my others.