ICHI

夜明け
NUMBER ONE

THE SKY was already tinged with young hues mixed with orange and pinks when kim taehyung exited the convenience store.

he dismissed himself with yet another box smile towards hoseok's direction through the glass window and sank one hand into the pocket on the right hand side of his coat. taehyung dug around for his phone, desperate to snap some quick photos of the dawn sky to post on his photography blog.

the boy gave a pout followed with long dragging sighs, extremely dejected at himself when he stopped his hand movements as he remembered leaving his phone on his bedside table earlier during the night. with an angry shake at his dark blonde locks, taehyung muttered a few curses before taking the route leading back to his apartment.

taehyung broke the tranquil silence of the streets with his constant scolds to himself about leaving his phone at home. because of this, his eyes flickered nervously around his surroundings, trying his best to avoid the coral coloured heavens and the verdant band of trees swaying in harmony along with the wind.

or maybe he could pace home to retrieve his mobile and quickly snap a few billion photos before finally going to bed just for three hours of sleep. sounds like a plan.

but it was when taehyung jaywalked across the lonely road that he realised how drowsy he suddenly felt. he decided to take the short cut through the park, rubbing at his stomach when he wondered if it was maybe because of the fact that he had just consumed two cups of ramen back at the convenience store.

up ahead, an elderly woman was rested on a short wooden stool in front of the patch of wilting daises. an abundance of sparkly jewellery scattered on a large piece of bright purple cloth at her small feet. she seemed to be on the verge of falling asleep, as taehyung was observant of the way her head was tilted to one side and her eyelids hanging low.

the corners of taehyung's mouth pinned upwards as he smiled sadly to himself; the woman had reminded him of of his late grandmother who passed away two years ago. she'd been a street vendor as well; earning a small pocket of living by selling flowers on the sidewalk. sadly, only a speck of the population understood the simple pleasures in life. it was those people who chose to stop every now and then to pick a meticulously hand-wrapped bouquet.

her grandson is one of those very few people.

kim taehyung appreciated the little things in life. small things like finishing a good book or watching the sunrise could easily bring a smile to his face.

his gaze went back onto the old woman, and he suddenly saw a flash of his grandmother's face in hers. the boy couldn't help but let his emotions flood over him as he dug his fingers into his wallet to fish out a five thousand won note only to gently place it in the slightly chipped bowl at the old woman's small feet. taehyung grinned at her with content and carried on walking with heavy steps.

it didn't take long for him to hear a loud rustling noise. taehyung turned around but it was already too late. the money he'd put at the woman's feet was gone. in the distance, he watched with wide pupils as a small female figure ran across the street. the boy clenched his fist, feeling furious at the fact that someone would actually have the heart to steal off a vulnerable old lady. he dashed after her onto the street he was standing on previously.

but it was too late. she was gone. if only he'd reacted faster to the noise and stopped her before she could even lay her fingers on the money. a breeze pushed past and a thread of shivers echoed throughout taehyung's body. he clenched tighter onto his jacket.

behind the buildings, the morning sun rose higher in the coral sky. taehyung found his shoulders lowering and emitted a loud yawn. it was time to sleep. he could worry about those other things after three hours.

+

a/n

ooft! here it is! the long owed chapter i'd promised you guys ! sshjhsj im extremely sorry for holding this off for so long. to be honest, i was putting it off on purpose because i recently got so so busy with my studies and school work that i just had no motivation to write anything. this was the longest it ever took me to finish a chapter, and i'm honestly so unsatisfied with this ahhhHh.

it's 12:10am and im forcing myself to publish this since you guys have waited for wAY too long! i will ... work hard... in my next chapters so please be here.... whenever THAT happens i guess oofppsh.

n e ways have a good day and i need to sleep now im half dead. gOODnightmorning

[unPROOFREAD oops]