Chapter Six -

Walking.

Walking.

Walking

And walking.

That's all I've been doing as I just think. Thinking about everything. I don't even know where I am. I just let my feet take me.

Finally taking in my scenery I find I'm alone on the side of a dirt road with grassy plains surrounding me as the sun sets behind me. But not too far off I see a rather large city.

Why not?

What could go wrong?

attacked, recognised, murdered, robbed all the things to worry about when someone doesn't have your back.

Moving my feet forward I continue and think.

I can't be too far away from that pack. I did take a nap in a tree for awhile after crying. It doesn't help that I'm still sore a lot from my injuries plus I'm stricken by so many emotions some familiar some foreign. Whatever is going on inside my head  I hope it goes away soon but that's nothing a little bit of whiskey can't help.

Hiking down the barren road I eventually enter the small town. Despite it being small it is rather nice. I could live in a town like this if I had the money if I wasn't technically wanted and if foxes weren't persecuted and forced into slavery. Even though it's unlike since we're in a time of war, it's not a risk I'd personally take.

Walking past the simple standard stores I stumble upon what I'm looking for. Animal Den Bar and Inn. Nice. The exterior wooden and sturdy with a sign saying 'All species welcome here'. Double nice.

Walking joyfully up to the door I push it open and a wave of warmth, chatting and music hit me in the face. Stepping into the not only visually colourful bar but also colourful diversity-wise. Mostly humans, a couple Cat shifters, a few foxshifters, a few rogues, fairies and many others beyond count. Because of this I can't help but smile, because I feel welcome.

Walking through the busy bar I walk up to the countertop and wait my turn. Behind the bar are shit loads of different drinks. Brandys, whiskeys, beers, wines and even champagne. Oh, I want to stay here forever.

"What do you want ma'am?" A foxshifter asks with a heavy accent, his bright orange hair catching me off guard as well as his bright colourful brown eyes and millions of freckles.

"Umm a bottle of whiskey please," I say as quickly as possible with a smile.

"That bad of a day? He asks pleasantly as he pulls a bottle out from under the bar

"You have no idea." I huff with a chuckle as I place the money down on the table and trade it for the whiskey "But yes that would be the reason for the friendly beverage."

"Ah well, couldn't agree more we all need a different kind of medication every once and a while." He says before tending to his other customers.

Popping off the lid I look around the warmly lit room. Music plays in the background, groups of people chat, drink and eat while over by the gaming tables large groups gasp and laugh and over by what I guess are the fighting pits people root. Overall this place is loud but its comforting. Taking a swig and I head over towards the gaming tables.

One table is playing poker while the other is play chance. Not games I'd play. I know I'm not good at either game but I'm very good at statics. But I don't think I should be gambling not only because in the back of my mind Kamryn would say no but also because I should savour the money Kamryn packed in the bag. She knew I'd escape and it doesn't surprise me she would be the first to notice my disappearance.  She'd learned mostly everything about me over our years spent together on the run from multiple danger just as I know almost everything about her. Just like I know she will not help them find me she'll force them to do it on their own if they even want to try to find me and if they are trying to find it may take them a little while longer so I'm safe for now I hope.