Matte Lips and Smokey Eyes

Warning: Implied sex

(Phil's POV)

Mornings are always so beautiful. I don't know why I introduced a story that way, but it's true. There's just something about when I'm first opening my eyes and finding my perfect boyfriend curled up by my side, long eyelashes brushing against my arm, which he managed to grab hold of during the night. Also, it's makes my day much better once he wakes up and we do our good-morning rituals, like kissing each other and ignoring our morning breath in the process, and also me making us cereal and him making us coffee for breakfast. Call us married, but with the upcoming tour and all, I haven't had time to propose yet. 

Don't worry, I'm going to once it's over. 

This was the morning about three weeks before we'd leave for Interactive Introverts, and with all of our days being spent frantically scrambling to plan out what we would bring and when we'd be able to come back here to do laundry, we'd decided to take today off and do whatever we wanted. No tour planning, no last-minute shopping, nothing. 

So, how did I spend my morning? Lounging on the sofa with my laptop and coffee. I think Dan was off playing Destiny 2 on his desktop in the gaming room. Well, as usual, it was a peaceful morning when I first woke up; complete with lots of kisses, cuddles, and "I love you"s. It was slightly less peaceful when Dan got mad at the coffee machine when it broke, but we eventually fixed it and Dan calmed down. I was currently browsing Tumblr in search for Phanart to post on my board. I had forgotten all about it ever since Gamingmas, and I bet my followers really wanted to know I was still alive *cough cough*.

"Phil?" Dan asked as he tentatively entered the lounge, fully clothed in black skinny jeans and a pastel pink jumper. "Yea, baby?" I replied. I laughed as his face turned a bit red at the nickname. I hadn't discovered Dan's love for being called "baby" until a few weeks ago, but instead of being downcast at the fact that I didn't know sooner, it only made me more adamant about calling him that at every possible chance just to see him get flustered. After all, I missed out for so long on something so wonderful. 

"Umm, I was wondering if we could go shopping today?" He asked as he fiddled with his fingers.  "Sure!" I exclaimed as I leaped off of the couch. "Let me get dressed first. I don't think the public would benefit by seeing me in my Cookie Monster pajamas." He giggled and left the room, giving me the chance to get ready for the day.

We were never ones to get dressed in the mornings unless we had somewhere to be, so seeing Dan fully clothed and ready to go was a bit of a shock. He was normally the one to beg for us to stay inside and play Mario Kart instead of going out. But hey, it was a lovely surprise nonetheless. 

~

"So, where shall I take you, Daniel?" I asked as we stepped out of the cab and onto the crowded London streets. He carefully scrutinized all of the shops that lined the road. "Hmm..." He began walking forwards towards a hobby shop, but turned to the store to the left of it before facing me with a big smile on his face. "This one!" He grabbed my hand and enthusiastically pulled me into the store. 

As soon as we entered, rows upon rows of makeup products and displays caught my eye. Before I could register what exactly this meant, Dan turned towards me, eyes directed towards the floor. "You promise not to make fun of me, right?" I reached out and gently took his chin into my hand, tilting his head back up until he was looking at me. "I would never do that, Dan. Now, let's get you some makeup." 

He smiled and grasped my hand as he began wandering around the store, pulling me behind him as he tried to see everything it had to offer. I patiently followed him as we made our laps around the store, probably giving me the most exercise I've had this week. However, as we passed by the same shelves over and over again, Dan started to slow down, eventually coming to a stop back at the start of the store.