Prologue

Okay so I've had this idea in my mind for the longest time and I had to finally get it all out. Basically, without going into too much detail, the premise is that before the game started you and Kokichi had been in a relationship. I'm hoping this will be a long fic, but knowing me I have no clue what the actual outcome will be. But judging by how long the damn prologue is, I have high hopes for the rest of the chapters!

-----

Everything was dark. Everything was silent.

It was as if you had faded into nothingness, the inky black hands of unconsciousness pulling you under. You fought as you tried to escape it's grip, but in the end it was all futile. The darkness enveloped your mind, taking over all your senses until your thoughts escaped you. And with that, reality drifted away, leaving you in a state of dreamless rest.

When you awoke, everything was the same. Your eyes fluttered open, but the only thing that met them was a wall of black. Any sounds around you were drowned out, barely recognizable to your ears. The one thing that changed however, was your sense of touch. The sides of your arms were pressed against the cool surface of metal, cramped in the small space you were confined in. Without thinking you reached out, your hand meeting with the same thin metal in front of you, except this time it moved. Swinging open from your touch, it revealed the bright light coming from the other side.

You stumbled forward, desperate to escape the dark prison that confined you. In doing so, your foot caught on a dip in the floor, leaving you to collapse onto the ground with a muted yelp. A pain bloomed on your knees from the impact, stinging as your bare flesh made contact with the concrete below.

Within the brief moment of silence after the fall, you heard a startled gasp from the space in front of you. Wincing, you pulled yourself up into a sitting position, wiping the dust off the palms of your hands onto your skirt as you looked to the source of the noise. Standing before you was a boy, dressed in a proper school uniform the same navy color as yours. His dark hair messily framed his face, and his expression showed one of pure shock as he took in your appearance, though it was quickly masked for one of neutrality.

"(y/n)?" he asked, your name rolling off his tongue like he had said it many times before, "Why were you inside a locker?"

You stood, brushing off your knees as you did so. The boy was the same height as you, if not an inch or two taller, and his violet eyes sparkled with a familiar flame you saw in them before. Mischief. Raising an eyebrow, you followed his gaze to behind you, being met with a pair of oxford blue lockers roughly the size of an average person. That was what you were locked in?

"I don't know, I just woke up in there," you explained, a nervous edge to your voice as you spoke. You took in your surroundings, noting that desks that were haphazardly placed around the vicinity. It was a classroom, similar to the ones back at your old school, except those ones didn't have barbed wire on the windows. "Kokichi where are we? Is this another one of your pranks?"

"No, I swear it isn't. I just woke up here too, but I was sitting in a desk... Should we check to see if somebody is in the other one?" he said, pointing to the unopened locker beside yours. The whole situation filled you with unease, but you nodded to his suggestion anyways.

Together you both grabbed the handle of the door, pulling it open at the same time. The sight inside caused you to jump back, loosely gripping his arm in shock. It was another boy around your age, though his skin was a pale grey. His eyes opened, revealing an electric blue color almost unnatural for a human. Kokichi dragged you back with him, watching intently as the stranger looked around with a surprised expression.

His gaze landed on the two of you, causing him to jolt in confusion, ¨Who are you!? Were you the people who kidnapped me?¨

Your initial fear dissipated; so he was in the same boat as you two. Letting go of Kokichi's arm, you went to reassure him, ¨No, we aren't-¨