Chapter Five - Wounded

"Oh no," you groaned, picking up your phone as you stared at the screen in disgust, "He's texting me again. I swear to god, why won't he just leave me alone?"

You were sprawled out on the floor, back leaning against the side of Kokichi's bed as you finished up your homework from that day. A book was sprawled out in your lap as you took notes for chemistry, occasionally pestering Kokichi to do the same, though he never listened. It was a normal day for the two of you, hanging out at each other's houses until you were forced to go home, talking and playing video games in the meantime.

He swiveled around in his desk chair, raising an eyebrow, "Why doesn't he leave you alone? It's 'cause you're too nice, you let him off easy. You never even told him you weren't interested, of course he's gonna have a little bit of hope."

"But anyone could tell I don't like him. Whenever he tries to touch me I move away, every time he starts to talk I don't listen, every time he texts me I don't respond for hours. How is that giving him hope?" you asked, throwing your phone down on the carpet in exasperation. Just as you did so the text tone went off once more, causing you to let out another groan.

Getting up from his chair, Kokichi picked your phone up from the floor, sitting down next to you, "Because men think with their dicks. If you do so much as talk to him, he's going to think you're into him," he explained, putting in the password to your phone and unlocking it, "Here, I'm gonna tell him to fuck off."

"Kokichi, no!" you exclaimed, your eyes going wide as you tried to take the phone back, though he just held it out of your reach, "Come on, I don't want to be mean! Give it back!"

He tapped the screen a few more times, presumably to open your messages, before letting out a gasp of shock, "No, no, you do not want this back. I'm telling you right now, you don't want to see what he sent you."

"Did he...?"

"Send a dick pic? Yeah. God, I wish I didn't have to see that with my innocent eyes." He held the phone closer to his face, "Why is it so small?"

"Delete it!"

He let out a chuckle, nodding as he tapped the screen once again, "Okay, it's done... but that doesn't mean I'm giving you this back."

With narrowed eyes you lunged at him, steadying your hand on his shoulder as you reached for your phone, though it was futile. His arms were longer than yours, holding the device just out of your grasp. With a chuckle he moved it behind him, "Wow, talk about desperation. What, do you have nudes in here or something? Can I see them!?"

"No, I don't have nudes, idiot. I just know that if I let you have my phone, you're going to mess with it," you said, practically on top of him. With a final reach your hand met his, pulling the phone from his grip, "Yes, got it!"

Before you could even open it however, he tackled you to the ground, pinning your wrists to the floor as he tried to tug the device from your fingers, straddling you so you wouldn't escape, "Do you really think I would give up that easily, (y/n)?"

"Of course you wouldn't, but guess what? I'm not giving you this damn phone!," you retorted, rolling your eyes as you struggled to get free, knuckles white as you held your phone in a death grip. He appeared to give up for a moment, resting his hands on either side of your body as an unidentifiable expression crossed his features. Before you could question it, however, his lips were on yours.

Your eyes shot wide open as your processed what was happening. Kokichi was... kissing you? This had to be a dream, but the sensation of his lips pressed against your own was too convincing to be fake. Eyelids fluttering closed, you allowed yourself to relax into the kiss, only to have your phone snatched right from your hand.