💕"Who's That Girl? (original version)💕

-inspired of course by Lesbian Jesus herself-

+++

ETA 05.13.2020: This is the original version of the story as posted for Wattpad Block Party a few years ago. Follow the external link to read the revised version posted in its own book on this account.

+++

Phae makes a new fan (and a new enemy) on the volleyball court but she only has eyes for Xia. Lucia finds out about Tré's new drummer girlfriend and it doesn't bother her at all. Definitely not. Sable encounters the girl in the food truck who might finally steal her heart from closeted class president Sobe Hu. This season, nothing goes harder than love, heartache, and volleyball.   

+++

PHAEDRA

A white volleyball sailed over the net in a high and decisive arc toward the center of the court, courtesy of Roshelle Dumas, setter of the Gear City High School girls' volleyball team

A white volleyball sailed over the net in a high and decisive arc toward the center of the court, courtesy of Roshelle Dumas, setter of the Gear City High School girls' volleyball team. Phaedra swore and snapped out a hand signal for Stevie to intercept. Stevie was already there.

The middle setter launched herself in the air to block Roshelle's topspin overhand serve before it land on their side of the net. She slammed both hands against the ball and sent it flying back from whence it came.

The Gear City High middle setters scrambled to block her, setting the ball and passing it between them, once, twice, and only for the backrow player's shaky dig attempt to foul them up. Their point.

"Yes!" Phaedra roared as the bounced outside the lines of play. "That's what' I'm talking 'bout."

They high-fived real quick and fell back into their positions after a round of first bumps from the others on the field. The day was hot as it got this time of year and all the bodies packed into the stadium made it hard to think straight. Phaedra was on fire, sweat in her eyes, endorphins burning through her body. She was living and breathing for the game.

It was 15-12, in Webber's favor for the third set of the match.

Webber had taken the first set, 25-18, and then, to their surprise, the GC Thunderbirds had come pounding back in the second game to claim a victory of 25 points to the Wild Girls' 22. Phae's ears were still ringing from the explosion of shouting from the Thunderbirds' side of the stadium when they blew the Wild Girls out of the water. This wasn't just a game anymore. This wasn't about scouts, though she'd spotted a few here and there; this was a matter of pride.

Her girls had come to kill the game and here they were, on the verge of slaughter. Wild Girls were the queens of the court. Lessers need not apply.

Tré was pacing behind her like an agitated horse, ready to charge. Hunter was still on the backrow with Mickey, playing cool, each muscle tensed and ready, eyes peeled. There wasn't a single move the Gear City Thunderbirds could make on the court that they wouldn't see. They were primed and ready to scrabble tooth and nail back to the top.