Chapter One: Childhood

Skylars POV

"Rafe can I drive the plane today? " I asked adjusting my suspender strap while my best friend, Rafe Mccawly, tied my shoe for me.

"No,Sky" he sighed as he had to retie it. Danny Walker,my other best friend, was chewing on his red licurous stick while sitting inside our handmade airplane.

"Why not?" I pouted.

"Because I said so Sky,and your a girl."

My little mouth dropped open.

"And what's that supposed to mean? " I asked crossing my arms over my chest.  I was 2 years younger then the boys but still tough. 

"It ain't mean nothing now go sit down or else I'll tie your shoes together " he said standing up and helping me into the same seat with Danny.  I blushed, as always, as I sat in between Danny's legs.  I felt a hand go over my shoulder and turned my gaze from my own hands to the hand infront of me holding a licourish stick. "Want one  Skys? "he asked me. I smiled and took it "Thanks Danny."

"Okay prepare for take off,Fasten you seat belts" Rage said putting on his goggles. Danny grabbed the rope we used as a belt and tied it around our waists. "All tight?" he asked whispering into my ear. I once again blushed then nodded.

We pretend flew for awhile,Danny shooting the imaginary japs behind us then slidding back behind me.

A little while later Dannys Daddy came home and we went to see him. 

"I wanna teach y'all two how to fly " Rafe said grabbing my hand and running to Mr.Walkers plane.  I grabbed Danny's and the three of us ran.  We were playing with the buttons when the plane started.  I was so scared I held on to Danny.  When we actually,finally landed. We ran to the shed astonished that we flew when I felt someone grab me By my overalls and pull me away from the boys.   I looked up and saw Dannys daddy.  "Danny I told you not to mess around with this Little sissy " he yelled at Danny dragging me along with him.  Danny and Rafe tried getting me By pulling my arms and grabbing me.  When his dad let go we fell to the floor. I was crying By then.  I heard a slap and saw Danny holding his face.  I didn't hear the argument but I saw MR.Walker on the floor and Rafe holding a price of wood.  I was still crying when Mr.Walker walked away.  Danny grabbed me and hugged me Rafe joined in. "I'm sorry,Skys " Danny whispered wiping my tears.  When I finished crying I heard my daddy call me and said fare well to the boys.

4 years later

Skys POV

I hugged Danny and Rafe while crying. Daddy got a new job. In Hawaii.

"Don't worry Sky well see you again " Rafe said rubbing my back.  I was 13 now,Danny was 15 and Rafe,14. 

"I got y'all something to remember me by." I said pulling back from the hug. I opened my little purse and got out 3 necklaces.  Each had a air plane pendant with S.D.R carved in the back.  I gave one to each.  They looked astonished.  My daddy called me and I hugged them once again. "I'll never forget yall " I said kissing their cheeks and jumping in the car.