Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bev brought Richie to sit on the couch and he felt the Loser's eyes on him as his mouth opened and closed, trying to find a way to explain what had happened. His hands shook as Bev took them in hers and he spoke softly, starting to explain what had happened since the day he left them sitting alone. He sat there and he told them everything about how his parents beat him for the first time, how he felt he wasn't good enough, and how he had stopped talking, though he didn't mention the eating just yet because he didn't want to be yelled at right then. He told them about Bowers always messing with him and how he lost his bike, how everything had spiraled downhill and by the time he ended his recall of events he was sobbing. The Losers were staring at him with their mouths pried open, any trace of anger gone from their expressions. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I'm not good enough to be here, I'm not strong enough to handle myself for even a few weeks!"

Bill went haywire, "R-Richie why the hell w-w-was your mouth sewn shut!" Bev pulled the Losers out and handed them each the note, letting them read it before she explained it all, then the Losers walked back in and calmly watched Richie sit there and fidget with his hair and his fingers like he didn't understand what he was allowed to do here. Other than the fidgeting he didn't move around an inch in fear of upsetting somebody.

Stan couldn't hold it in anymore, "Richie when was the last time you ate? You've got to be starving." When Richie heard those words he heard Bowers in his head sneering at him, taunting him along with his parents,'Not even some other queer would stoop low enough to see you. God your such a pig Richard, when will you lose some weight. Took you long enough to even take off a pound, Tozier, or did you even take off a pound at all. We can't have a son that's a pig, so I guess we have no son."  Suddenly, Richie felt like throwing up right there. He quickly shook his head and looked away. He knew if he looked Stan would see right through him, so he stared out the window, tugging on a lock of hair that hung down low into his face. Turns out Stan could see through him anyways, although Richie should have known he would. "Richie. When was the last time you ate?" Richie immediately heard that although it was a question, answering it was not up for debate. He glared down at his loose-fitting skinny jeans and mumbled out softly," I- I think it was 19 days ago."  You could hear a pin drop in the room as silence filled up every inch of the walls and ceiling, he could tell the Losers all had their mouths hanging open. He didn't think it was such a big deal, there had been no way to eat with his mouth sewn shut anyways. Suddenly he blinked, and when opened his eyes Eddie was kneeling in front of him while Stan sat at his side. That's when he realized that he hadn't blinked. He had blacked out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter four done and done. I hope you have a good day/night.