Chapter 6

Chapter 6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Eddie had finished cleaning Richie's wounds and sat down next to him, Stan stopped holding Richie's hand so tight and relaxed into the couch. Everything was going to be okay because it had to be. Neither Stan nor Eddie was going to allow Richie to stay in his house anymore after they learned about the Tozier's tendencies. Eddie knew that his mother would never allow Richie to stay in their house, especially after he had come home with a broken arm, and Richie was there with the group. Eddie and Stan talked quietly amongst themselves as the Losers talked to Richie about video games and the new movies that were being shown at the Aladdin. Stan agreed that Eddie's mother wouldn't share the same sentiment about Richie that her son had. Stan had told the group that Richie, Eddie, and he had to leave early so that Stan could talk to his parents about letting Richie stay with them for a while, as Bill quietly decided that he would also talk to his parents about the possibility of permanently removing Richie from his house. Stan and Richie climbed onto his bike as Eddie picked his up from the ground, taking off after them as Stan began to peddle. 

Both Eddie and Stan took the turn that led them to Stan's street, Eddie deciding that there was no way he could go home until he knew that there was a safe place for Richie to stay tonight. As they pulled up and into Stan's driveway they could see lights on in the kitchen and dining room where it looked like Stan's mother was making dinner for the night. Stan popped out his bike's kickstand as Eddie dropped his unceremoniously onto the cement. Stan walked up to the door first, Eddie and Richie trailing just slightly behind him with Eddie resting a hand on Richie's lower back, hoping that Richie wasn't as nervous as he was. Stan brought his hand up and knocked one, two, three times on his front door and his mother came over to open it, the smell of chicken wafting out of the house as the door was opened. Stan's mother smiled at them and ushered them inside. "Mom, you remember Richie and Eddie right?" Stan's mother smiled at them both, "Of course! How are you, boys. Dinner is almost ready and your father is at the Synagogue tonight." Stan relaxed into himself a bit more at the news that his father was away currently. Richie's eyes were flying around the house, noting how much cozier it looked than his own. How much it looked like a home, whereas his looked like a death wish.

Stan quickly pulled his mother away from Richie and Eddie, and into the adjacent hallway. "Mom, something has been going on in Richie's house, and I need to know if he can stay here, at least for the night." Mrs. Uris's eyes suddenly seemed less happy than a moment before. "What's been happening?" Stan looked nervous as he shifted his feet, looking back into the kitchen to see Eddie gently speaking to Richie. He turned to look his mother in the eyes. "His mom and dad, they don't treat him well. We didn't know until today and I can't let him go back into that house." Mrs. Uris's eyes slightly widened, and she gained this sort of determined look in her eyes. "Of course he won't be going back to that house. He can stay with us as long as he needs to." Stan smiled at his mother, his eyes glinting with happiness and filled with relief. Mrs. Uris smiled at her son and took his head in her hands. "Eddie can stay tonight, too." Stan smiled at his mother before returning to Eddie and Richie to tell them the news. Eddie smiled when he told them, and Richie quirked his lip up a little bit, his mind not quite ready to express happiness while he was still wary of his surroundings. Stan grabbed their hands and led them up the stairs to his room, his mother standing in the corner smiling at them.

In Stan's room, everything was meticulously placed, his bed covers made every morning when he woke up. His room was all neutral tones, nothing bold or clashing like they imagined Richie's room would have. Richie all but dragged himself over to Stan's bed and dumped himself into it, Stan grabbing a set of pajamas for himself, Eddie, and Richie from the spare sets he had that were left after old sleepovers. Stan stepped into the bathroom and changed into his pajamas while Eddie stepped into his surprisingly large closet. Richie just tugged himself out of the comfortable bed and shucked his clothes off around him before he pulled the pajamas on and collapsed into the bed once more. By the time Stan had finished changing and brushing his teeth Eddie had also finished, sitting on the bed next to Richie who was fast asleep. Stan went over and sat down, gesturing for Eddie to go and brush his teeth as he watched over Richie. Eddie left to the bathroom and Stan sat next to Richie, stroking the boy's hair. Richie wrapped his arms around Stan's frame and pulled him down into the bed with him, wrapping his arms and legs around Stan as he fell deeper into sleep as he realized that he was safe. Stan smiled down at him, and when Eddie came out of the bathroom he lay down on Richie's other side before wrapping his arms around him and falling into a light sleep. Stan looked over the two boys resting in his bed, and he decided that he was satisfied. He cuddled deeper into Richie's arms and closed his eyes, his mind going pleasantly dark as the last thing he remembered hearing was Richie's soft snores in his ear, and Eddie's gentle breaths breaking the silence of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yay, chapter 6 is done! I hope you all have a wonderful time, and that everything either keeps going good for you or turns around and that you are happy! Love you all.