ix. exam

An improvement exam done every first week of the month,
Are you ready or are you not?
A flame is about to be rekindled,
Don't try to get close or you might be burned like a moth.

Kabanata 9

---

Aeresthelle

Every first week of every month, Odyssey High helds a very unique exam for all the students.

This exam serves as a way to know the student's improvement here in Odyssey High.

Nandito ako ngayon sa classroom and the usual happens, ang mga gifted branch ay tahimik samantalang ang nagpapaingay sa silid ay ang mga napapabilang sa cursed branch. Ang iba ay dinala ang kani-kanilang mga baby dragons samantalang ang iba ay hindi. Kagaya ko, si Radiant ay gustong matulog sa room ko kasi napagod daw siya kahapon and he said that he needed to rest to gain strength. Humingi siya ng pasensya saakin dahil hindi niya daw ako masasamahan ngayon pero sinabihan ko siya na ok lang at baka maistorbo ang kanyang tulog kung sasama siya saakin dito sa classroom.

Talk of the school pa naman ang stunt na ginawa niya kahapon.

Anyways, pwede rin naman siyang makipag-communicate saakin sa aking isipan. Aniya, "We are connected to each other because you are my guardian."

Napupuno rin ng enchantments sa loob ng silid. May ibang lumilipad, nag te-teleport, or nagpapaulan ng tubig sa classroom. Samantalang ako? Eto, nanonood ng ginagawa ng nasa unahan ko.

I always noticed her. She has an amazing enchantment. Kaya niyang i-portray o gawing buhay ang mga nababasa niya sa mga libro and right now, as of this moment, she projects one of the scenes of the book before her very eyes. Parang nanonood siya ng mini T.V. and I find it interesting. I don't know if that is her enchantment or maybe not.

The scene portrays a woman running away from a war with a baby in her hands.

"Great isn't it?"

Nabigla ako ng lumingon ito saakin. She gave me a smile and she laughed lightly nang tinitigan ko lang ang cute niyang mukha. She has this brown chinita eyes na kapag ngumingiti siya ay nagiging singkit lalo and it's cute. Yeah, cute.

"This scene was inspired by the late Queen, Elina Santia Castianelle when she was chased by the scythes, basically the enchanters who are against by the law."

Huminga muna siya ng malalim bago siya muling nagsalita, "Unfortunately, she died when she gave birth to the twins."

"W-what about the baby?" I asked. I don't know why my voice quivered for a bit.

Malungkot siyang ngumiti saakin, "The baby she was carrying, died in the war. Queen Elina barely survived when she returned in the Kingdom, crying and mourning, with the dead child in her arms. It was said that it was the fourth child of the King and Queen of Mauritius Kingdom but no one saw Queen Elina being pregnant so it was a lost case. Uptil this day, the Kingdom still mourns for the lost of a royalty. A baby girl born a royalty, a princess."

Taken back with the tragic ending of her story I asked with a shaky voice,"What is the name of the princess?"

"No one knows." It was only a whisper but I heard what she said.