Chapter 1- Family

Okay, just to clear up some terminology I'll be using....

H/C= hair color                                            Y/A= your age

E/C= eye color                                             B/N= brother's name

Y/N=your name                                           S/N=Sister's name

By the way, you have a younger brother and an older sister. If you don't have these, make up some names and roll with it. :D

Your alarm clocked screamed its presence, announcing it was 5 AM, and time to GET UP RIGHT NOW. You tried to ignore it for a second, stuffing your pillow over your head and rolling to the other side of your bed, but the incessant blaring continued and you soon gave in. The alarm clock always wins. It smugly sat there on your carved wooden desk, earning the irritating thing a scowl on your part. You slammed your hand down on the "off" button, and then let out a luxurious yawn and stretched for a full 15 seconds. Then you remembered. It was today! A big grin broke onto your face, suddenly completely awake. You pulled away your dark red curtains, and popped in your earbuds, picking up your IPhone. Humming Taylor Swift's "Love Story" softly to yourself, you searched your closet for the perfect outfit as sunlight cascaded into your room all around you. You chose a sleek, black dress that came down to your knees with aqua designs decorating the straps and the edge. When the song finished, you got dressed, chose an aqua stone necklace, and placed your IPhone into a small tote of things to do on the car trip. You grimaced. Yep, that's right, 12 hours of driving. You weren't sure exactly how you'd survive, but with your road trip survival kit you may make it the first 7 hours. You flung open your golden-painted door, glided down the long, winding banister, and leaped to the floor. To your not-so-much surprise, your entire family was already eating breakfast at the table. You were always the late one. With a resigned grin and sigh, you grabbed an apple and sat down with them. Your dad greeted you. "Hey, (Y/n)! Excited for today!" "You bet!" You said, grinning back at him. Today was the gala at the National Archive building in Washington D.C. . Your parents, super-rich millionaires, as you liked to call them, had been the top donators for a couple years now. Your brother, around 3 and a half years younger, looked unimpressed with your enthusiasm. You rolled your eyes. (B/N) was being forced to go to the gala against his will. He'd probably much rather stay home playing video games all day. He opened his mouth to plead his case of staying again, but you quickly interrupted, trying to preserve the happy atmosphere. "Mom, (S/N), you both look great!" They both smiled at you. Your Mom gave your hand a quick squeeze. "You look beautiful too, sweetie! Is that the necklace I gave you for your birthday last year?" "Yeah." You fidgeted with it, admiring the aqua stone. "Time to go!"  Dad suddenly cried, leaping up from the table with a glance at the clock. You all laughed(except for (B/N), still brooding about all the levels he probably could have gotten done at home), and grabbed all of your bags packed the night before. "Hey, (B/N)," You whispered to him. "I'll let you play games on my IPhone on the car trip." (B/N) rolled his eyes but smiled just a tiny bit. (S/N) gave you a hug. "We get to sit together on the car trip! We can play mash, and sketch together, and..." You hugged her back, happiness bubbling inside of you. You loved your family, all of them, and as long as the five of you were together, you could face anything.