Chapter 39- Go

"Your turn." I got up energetically and pointed the mic to him.

"Okay." he raised his hands in surrender. "What do you want me to sing?" he grinned and stood up, wrapping his arms around my waist.

Oh Adam... With your arms around me like this,

You can sing a nursery rhyme for all I care.

"Hmm..." I inhaled Adam's scent slowly and looked up at his blue eyes, making the moment last. "What about Stay?" I grinned.

"Stay? By Rihanna?" he checked.

"No, by Mandy Bright." I rolled my eyes in sarcasm.

He shook off the comment with a chuckle and pressed the numbers on the machine.

All along it was a fever

A cold sweat hot-headed believer

I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something,"

He said, "If you dare, come a little closer."

He gave me a seductive look and stretched out his hand for me to take. I shook my head gently, laughing and kept at my place. He raised his shoulders like Suit yourself, which made me chuckle.

Round and around and around and around we go

Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.

Not really sure how to feel about it.

Something in the way you move

Makes me feel like I can't live without you.

It takes me all the way.

I want you to stay

Adam leaned his face closer to mine and grinned, I can't help but do the same.

His voice is so amazing; so humanly impossible.

He was about to sing the next verse, when the door suddenly opened. We both turned our heads to look, and saw Tommy standing there, panting and out of breath. Adam and I exchanged confused glances.

"What're you doing here?" Adam asked and stood straight.

"I..." he panted loudly. "Mrs. Parks wants to see you." he said in between short breaths.

"Who?" Adam tilted his head.

"Mrs. Parks. That lady you were supposed to impress but you decided to do the opposite." Tommy confirmed, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, I get it Tommy." Adam rolled his eyes. Ohh... Mrs. Parks. The lady from what Adam told me. Before we made up, he defended me and blah blah blah.

"C'mon." Tommy nudged Adam.

"What? I told you guys that this day is reserved." Adam folded his arms with a serious look. It feels weird that that reservation is actually for me.

"Dude, trust me. You need to be there. Just this once." Tommy pleaded and glanced at me, as if he was asking for my answer and not Adam's.

"Look Tomm-" Adam started but I cut him off.

"No, Adam. Go." I smiled.

"What?" Adam looked at me in confusion. "But-"

"Look, I told you to not be selfish..." I smiled genuinely. I love him, and the last thing I want to do is to ruin his life. "And I'm not gonna do the same."

I saw Tommy mouth out a big Thank you and clapped his hands together silently, from behind Adam.

"Are you sure? I mean-" he started to reason out.

"I'm sure. You need to be there. I'll be mad if you don't." I grinned.

He smiled widely. It feels like I'm a parent and I just permitted Adam to do something awesomely dangerous.

"But-" he shook his head, grinning.

"No buts. " I gave him a serious look. " Except yours there at Mrs. Parks." I chuckled, then realized that that statement probably didn't sound the way  planned it to be.

Apparently we were both thinking the same thing. Adam gave me a look, hiding a laugh.

Then we both burst out laughing. "That's inappropriate." Adam laughed.

"Yeah..." I laughed as well.

"Well, can I borrow Adam now?" Tommy leaned at the side of the doorway.

"No." Adam grinned at Tommy then turned to me again. "You're coming with me." he nudged.

"What?" I scoffed.

"Yes." he beamed with pride. "You insisted I go, so you should come with me."

I grinned.

"Okay, Mr. Lambert." I rolled my eyes and he smiled widely.

He wrapped his arm around me and we walked to Tommy.

"Yass!" Tommy cheered.

We followed him. "Hey, by the way..." Adam looked at Tommy. "Why didn't you just text me?" Adam scoffed.

"Duh. I know you, Adam. If I texted you, you probably wouldn't even open the text message." Tommy rolled his eyes and Adam laughed, probably because it was true.

Yeah... He probably wouldn't...

He really took my sermon seriously. So I should, in return, not ruin his life. I know that Adam loves his career. And he told me it took him guts, pain and hardships just to get where he was now. I didn't want him to just give all of that up.

Not even for me.