Chapter 4: The Tomb Of Gold and Despair

Dipper woke up not long after his long fall down beneath the temple. He groaned looking up to see a small light. He fell far down. How did he not die? His vision was still blurry and he shook his head reaching into his pocket for a torch. He turned it on and his vision cleared.

His fall was broken as he had landed on a bunch of crushed bones. He wanted to scream but he couldn't. He end up scurrying off of the huge pile of skeleton bones and stared wide eyed at it.He couldn't walk or get up just yet as he was frozen with fear.

Why was there skeletons in this exact spot? Why were they  crushed already? Dipper assumed it was because they had fallen when trying to get out and died there.Maybe when closing this up more workers had fallen and crushed ones beneath before dying themselves.

He gripped his neck and looked at his arm in the process. He has giant scrapes down his arms and sides from the rocks on each side of the tunnel when he fell. It was a miracle he was alive. He couldn't speak it was like a force wouldn't let him. He sighed and stood up. It was the perfect height for a tunnel and he flashed the torch to reveal it went onward down a narrow passage way.

"Dipper! Dipper are you alright?" Ford yelled down.

Dipper flashed the torch up to say he was okay.

"Okay my boy we will get a lift machine to get you up stay where you are alright?" Ford sighed in relief.

But Dipper had other plans, he was already walking through the maze of corridors and passageways.After around 40 minutes of walking he stumbled across a strange door. He knew that it could be a trap so opened it carefully. It lead to another passageway. This time the walls were smooth and has inscriptions and pictures painted carefully on them, like those in a tomb.

It read about the afterlife and such but one stood out to him. It was a portrait of a man. Tanned like the usual pictures accept something was different. He had light blue fire in his hands and he seemed to be struggling against a cloaked person who held a knife. This was it. This was the prince's tomb. This showed how he was killed. Dipper slowly turned towards the end of the hallway.

He saw a wooden stick held on the wall and pulled out a box of matches from his pocket, he light the torch and continued. He came to two great big doors with designed pillars on each side and opened them.

All he could do was gasp.

The room was made from entire pure gold. Hieroglyphics were carved into the gold and in the center of the room sat a platform where a sarcophagus lay peacefully ontop.

Dipper took no time to waste as he read every single message on the wall. They seemed to be the same as any other accept these were like ones found in tombs of royal decent. He trailed his hands across the walls in awe and lit anymore torches lighting up the room that sparkled in the light.

He peered into two other rooms that lead from the north wall and saw many riches and gifts that one would need for the afterlife. He then focused his attention on the sarcophagus. It was perfect for a king or prince. He read the name and stared at it.

"Ive found it..." He finally spoke with a raspy voice.

Dipper Pines had found the tomb of the lost Egyptian Prince who was named Cipher.

He knew the warnings of curses but opened the many layers of the coffin to find...nothing.

Nothing?

Where is the corpse?!

It was gone, did someone beat him to it? But then why are the riches still here? He looked inside and found an ancient piece of papyri paper laying at the bottom. On it read a small sentence in the ancient language.

"If one must find the body one must goto the afterlife..." Dipper muttered it over and over until he stepped back.

His foot sunk, he groaned trying to get it out. Must have been a loose brick.Only it wasn't.

He began to panic, Dipper Pines found himself in quick sand. In a tomb?! How was this possible. He struggled to get out.  This was not here before. He threw his belongings on the floor quickly in hopes that if someone found this place again they'd know how he died.

It was up to his neck and he sobbed silently. Until he heard a yell of his sister down the passageway, she was screaming his name.

"M-mabel.." He choked on the sand.

It was too late.

His vision went black.