Parto Uno (I'll never say these words again)

The story behind this:

After Ruby showed her orange powers to the others she passed out. Now Liam, Chubs and Zu must decide what to do next.

******************************

Liam POV

As soon as Ruby started falling to the ground I ran up to catch her. "Don't" she managed to breathe out before falling unconscious, despite her protest I still caught her. I reached out just in time to catch her head. I gently placed her on the ground and noticed that her wound from earlier was bleeding hard and her skin was boiling.

Orange. Not Green. Orange. I couldn't believe that after all this time. After all that we've been through she couldn't trust us. I wasn't too thrilled that Ruby kept this secret from us, however things started to fall into one another. I guess this explained why she overreacted when we tolled her the Slip Kid was an orange. This also explained why she would jump every time we got close to her the first time we met. I closed my eyes for a second and sighed. In that split second Chubs appeared next to me.

"You fucking idiot," he yelled at me and smacked my head, "do you have any idea what could have happened to us? Do you she can do to us? Do you even realise she's an ORANGE?!? A damn ORANGE. I'M NOT EVEN MENTIONING THE FACT THAT SHE COULD BE READING YOUR THOUGHTS RIGHT NOW". As soon as he said that last sentence I realised that my hand was still on Ruby's face. I moved my hand away quickly but still kept my eyes on her.

"Hey that all might be true but she saved us...AGAIN and do you think that she'd be able to read my thoughts right now. She just passed out and even if she was awake she can't even open her eyes do you think she'd be able to read my thoughts," I told Chubs, "but I'm sorry that I left you alone in the Betty. I just had to clear my head". After a couple of seconds where all we could hear was Chubs heavy breathing he sighed and sat down next to me. "We need to get out of here," he finally said, "all of us". I smiled slightly and looked at Chubs "could you at least try to fix up her forehead?" I asked him, "I mean it's suspicious enough that we have a black van that looks like it's gonna fall apart soon and I think that blood on the seats wouldn't help". Chubs nodded and got up to get the first aid kit and his stitching things.  Zu smiled at me and sat down next to me. "Hey Zu you wanna help," I asked her and she nodded enthusiastically, "well in that case. Could you go to the Betty and make the backseats comfortable for Ruby so that she can rest as soon as we get going". Zu got up and headed to Betty.

I thought about everything we've been through with her. I though about the night at the motel and if she had seen Zu's dream. I thought about the first day we met and weather she wanted to get away from us so fast so she wouldn't risk hurting us. Soon Chubs returned with all his things and started stitching up Ruby's forehead. There was so much going through my head I was surprised my head didn't explode yet. "Are you okay," Chubs asked me, "you look a bit shaken up". "I guess I'm as surprised like the rest of us" I told him. As Chubs was stitching up Ruby's forehead I expected her to stir awake or open her eyes, but she just lay there.

"I knew she was hiding something or at least I thought she wasn't completely honest with us, but I didn't really expect this" he said. "Can you really blame her. She was probably scared and didn't want to hurt us. Maybe even thought we'd kick her out the van if she did and-" I started but Chubs interrupted me. "Look I'm not saying I'm gonna hold a grudge against her because of this, but will you stop defending her just because you have feelings for her".

"What" I said felling my face heat up.

"You herd me loud and clear".

"You're imagining things. I'm defending her because-" I was once again cut off.

"You like her. She's pretty and smart and somehow she manages to balance out your weird," Chubs said, "Lee, I'm serious. What happened here half an hour ago was proof".

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Please. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about," Chubs told me, "No, Liam Stewart, I'm gonna take all of you, EVEN THAT GIRL OF YOURS" he said imitating Lady Jane.

"What does that prove" I shot back at him my voice slightly raised.

"That even a person that saw you two together for five seconds could tell that you liked her. I sighed and ran my hand trough my hair.

"Look," I started, "I admit that Ruby is different than anyone I've ever met before, but I do not have feeling for her".

"Whatever you say Romeo" Chubs said finishing the stitching, "what do you think?"

I looked at Ruby, who now had a thread running through her forehead, "I think that you just turned her into Frankenstein". Chubs gave me a slight death glare but looked proud of his work.

I turned around and saw Zu running down to us with her note book. She crouched down next to me and showed me the the paper. "Chubs is right you know" it read. I glared at her as she smiled innocently at me. "And now your stupidity, cluelessness and false assumptions are affecting the younger generation" I told Chubs who just packed up the things he used to fix up Ruby. When Chubs read the note he laughed and high-fived Zu. I picked up Ruby and couldn't help to feel bad. She was so light. Altogether she spend more time at her camp than me, Chubs and Zu combined. I gently placed her on the back seats and after the rest of us settled in we hit the road again.

********************

So this is the first already written thing from my other book...I hope you liked it...if you wanna see the sarcastic comments I make at the end and start go over to my other book cause I'm too lazy to come up with new sarcastic comments...

xxThaliaxx