We Meet Again

Mia's POV

"Alright Daniel I'm about to head out are you sure you don't want to come."

He turns his gaze from the tv and glares at me for a bit after a couple of seconds he goes back to watching tv. "When I say no its no Ok, I don't want to go with you."

"I- alright bye." I waited for a couple of seconds, but he keeps his head towards the tv. I look down and get out the door.

I head to my car and open the door. Once I sat down I laid my head on the steering wheel.

I felt my eyes beging to tear up, I removed my glasses and rub my eyes with my sleeves.

I miss the days when Daniel and I would go everywhere and be together all the time, but now were very distant from each other.

I start my car and start heading to the mall.

..................

Once I reached the mall I got out of the car and started walking to Barnes and Noble

I head towards the thriller and mystery section and started looking for my book called "The Cellar" one of my friends recommend it to me that it was a really good book.

I kept looking until I finally saw it. I reached out my hand to grab it when another hand grab the book.

I removed my hand from the book and looked at the person. "Im sorry I didn't see you reaching for the same book." I felt my cheeks started to redden when I good a good glimpse of him, he kinda looks familiar.

He chuckles "it's alright here you take it, its the last copy anyways I can always order mines."

"Really thanks Mr???"

"Wow Mia Im hurt can't believe you have forgotten about me."

I knew he looked familiar. "No I didn't  forget about you Evan."

"You sure by the looks of it, it seemed like you did."

"Well I didn't."

He bent down to my eye level and ruffles my hair. "Still looking cute with your glasses."

I remove his hand and blush "shut up."

He was about to say something when my phone starts to vibrate. I look at the caller ID.

"Ahh I'm sorry I have to take this."

"Go ahead."

I excused myself and picked up

"Hel-"

"Where the hell are you."

"Im still at the mall Daniel."

"You've been at the mall for 2 hours come home now or I'll go pick your ass up."

"Alright I'm going home"

"Good"

I ended the call and turned around almost hitting someone's chest. I look up to notice it was Evan.

"Everything alright, it seemed this Daniel guy is pissed."

"Yea, well I have to go it was nice meeting you again Evan."

I was about to walk away when he got my hand and turned me around.

"Wait don't forget this." He hands me a bag and I opened it.

I took out what was inside and it was the book. I looked at him. "Did you bought this for me."

"Yeah."

"I can't accept this Evan you wasted your money on me here you take it." I tired giving him back the bag.

"Nah Mia you take it, just look at it as a gift from not seeing each other for ages."

"But Evan."

"No but's missy."

"Alright fine."

"Good, but Mia."

"Yes Evan."

"Let's hang out another day for we can catch up."

"Ill like that." I said while smiling.

..............

when I got home I looked everywhere for Daniel, but didnt find him anywhere.

Sigh.

He's probably out with his friends then.

I head towards the kitchen open the bag and and took out the book.

I opened up the first few pages and noticed a phone number in the right hand corner. And in the bottom it said text me or call me I will be here to answer.