Chapter 6 Extra Credit

I woke up to something hitting my head. When I looked up I saw my Uncle with another bottle of alcohol. I got up and looked out the window. It was still dark. What was the matter with him.

"Akane! Get up you lazy brat. I need you to do something."

He was probably still drunk.

"I need you to get out your clothes!"

"Why?"

"We need some money."

Why sell my clothes I mean didn't he make enough money to where we could pay off everything?

"Why my clothes?"

"That is none of your business. I don't need to answer to you."

He turned around and slapped me in the face. The slap hurt a lot. I went to the mirror and looked at myself. I saw that there red handprint on my face.

"Now where's your closet?"

Wow he was so drunk to where he did not even realize where my closet was.

"Could I at least get a job?"

He hesitated as if he was think what to say next.

"Will they even accept a useless girl like you?"

"I can go look out and see if there is any openings for a job."

"Alright, fine. You better get a job in two days or else we are selling all your clothes."

"What do you mean we?"

I made a huge mistake because he turned around and tried to swing at me. I dodged it but he ran after me.

"What did I fucking tell you about talking back to me!"

I ran out the of the room and down the stairs. I turned around to see if he was near me and I took a wrong step and fell down the flight of stairs. Ouch. All of my bruises hurt even more.

"Stupid bitch! The hell are you!"

I took the chance to run into the bathroom. I locked myself in, as he kept screaming my name. There is no way I am going to let him in. I took the chance to take a shower. I am glad I always leave a spare towel in here.

I took off my clothes, bra, underwear. All the things a girl would have to take off before going into the shower. Well that is except for makeup because me unlike other people I don't wear it so it was one less step to do. The cold water came onto my body but it stung.

I wanted to scream when I put shampoo on my head because of the wound. I can't believe I forget how bad these wounds hurt. When I rubbed body wash over my body and it almost hurt as bad as my head. Except it didn't, it hurt worse. I really needed to get out so I finished by putting conditioner on and got out. The house sounded strange because it was quite. I did not hear his screaming. He must have given up on me and stopped.

But it was quite to where the only sound you would hear is me putting my clothes on. I walked out and he was not here. He must have went out do something stupid.

I looked at the clock on the wall to see that it was only 5:16. You seriously have got to be kidding me. He wakes me up in the middle of the night just to yell at me. Ugh.

"At least it is enough time to get all the stuff I needed to get done."

I went upstairs and grabbed the money and counted how much money I took.

Eight-hundred and fifty six dollars.

Eight-hundred and fifty six dollars he made off of me. I put some clean clothes on, grabbed my dirty school clothes and other ones that were dirty and I put them into a bag. I put my shoes on and fixed my wet hair with my hands because I did not have a brush. I went to the laundromat, cleaned, and dried my clothes.

I went to walmart to get some makeup for the first time. I needed people to stop looking at me. Once I found the right color of nude I payed for it and went on my way to school as I was, I saw a coffee shop. There was a help wanted sign on the window. I walked in and went to the girls restroom. I changed into my school uniform. It was of course long sleeved shirt that had a tie. I also choose to wear pants like the boys in my school because there is no way that I could wear a skirt like most of them. There were long ones I could wear but I knew I just could not take a risk letting people seeing my faults.