Chapter 1

Kassbryn Tancor, with two double ambrostines inside her, sat in the shade of the departure platform south of Kelvin Ravine thinking about life and death

   Kassbryn Tancor, with two double ambrostines inside her, sat in the shade of the departure platform south of Kelvin Ravine thinking about life and death. The sun beat down with such a force that she could have sworn her small patches of exposed skin were bubbling off. Her right hand rested limply on her saber that was holstered to her side while she used her other hand to shield her eyes from the brutal sun. three years. it had been three years exactly since Ben Solo had turned to the dark side and slaughtered more than half of Skywalker's padawans. Three years of running and watching as the Kylo Ren slowly rose the First Order from the ashes of the Empire. 

Kassbryn sighed as she reached up to once again to tug the scarf around her already sunburnt face, she could only take so much of this and as of five minutes ago she had been sitting under the departure platform for almost five hours. Kassbryn was a great deal of things, but patient was not one of them. With a burst of annoyance she pushed herself up from the dry sand and paced forward. K2 was going to be in a world of trouble once he got here. The reprogrammed Emperial droid had a knack for being a pain in the ass, but this? This was just insane. If it had been any other planet she might of let it slide, hell she would rather be stranded on Hoth than her of all places. but the empty expanse that was Jakku was undoubtedly your definition of hell. The sun was too bright, the air was to dry, and don't even start on the heat. 

Sinking back into the shade of the platform, Kassbryn sighed once more leaning her head against the support beam and letting her eyes close, almost subconsciously she found herself tapping into the force. It brought a sense of easiness to her mind as she thought of Yavin 4. The miles and miles of desne rainforest, and humid air. There was so much noise and life... it was the opposite of jakku. At the mere thought of Jakku you found your mind slipping and your green surroundings melted away to reveal Jakku, only this time it was different. The only thing around you for miles was a single AT-AT walker half buried in the sand. Kassbryn shook her head in an attempt to go back to Yavin 4 but as she did she felt something. A kind of dull buzz that started in the back of her skull, slowly moving down her shoulder and over her whole body. She knew this feeling, yet she had not felt it in so long. It was something old yet something new. Turning her head like a beacon she took a step towards the submerged AT-AT walker. Reaching out a callous hand towards the worn metal she could only feel the energy more...

"Tancor!"

Kassbryns eyes snapped open at her name, and almost immediately closing again due to the brightness of the sun. Squinting she could make out the talk dark figure that could only be K2so. He stood on the ramp of a small cargo ship with a data pad held in his mechanical fingers. The droid walked forward onto the beige landscape.

" Are you ready for departure?"

Kassbryn nodded slowly as she stood up and collected her things. Throwing her bag over her shoulder she walked with K2 up the ramp before stopping. The towering droid next to her turned his head to look down at her.

"Kassbryn are you all right?'

The jedi nodded in silence once more, turning her head to look back out over the endless dunes of Jakku. Someone with the force was out there, and it was calling to her...

A/N: hey Kiwis! i just made a new wattpad cause I lost my old one, but anyways this is my first story on this one and it is going to be a poe dameron fanfic so Yay! gotta give my space boy more love, also the new chapter will be up soon! thanks!