i. james

i've just turned eighteen
and i think i understand
what people mean to each other.

maybe alyssa was right. maybe what i just did was probably the stupidest fucking thing i've ever done after murdering that man.

but it was too late.

my heart pounded hard against my chest and the ringing in my ears only got louder, it was unbearable. my legs, however, weren't ready to come to a stop, at least not now when i'm running from multiple armed men who are probably holding alyssa back.

this is probably the end for me, for the both of us. what we had was inseparable. and then this happened. we saw it coming. it was inevitable.

from the distance, i heard a faint cry. it breaks me to see alyssa struggle, defenseless. and that's the exact reason why i did some of the things i did.

for my whole life, i was convinced i was a psychopath but alyssa made me feel things i've never felt after witnessing my mom's suicide.

who knows what will happen to us. a few hours ago, everything was perfect, just the way we wanted it to be.

but then everything changed.

• • •

author's note:
i know, this chapter is really short but let me know if you would like longer chapters! also, a vote would be greatly appreciated. have a nice day!