v. james

in the distance i heard dogs barking.

shit they're gonna find me.

there was no point in hiding in such a vulnerable spot. there was also no point in running if i were eventually going to have to face the consequences but it was worth a try.

my whole body ached as i got up from the little space my body has been confined in for the past several minutes. i took a deep breath in and as i exhaled i realized maybe everything will be alright. this was not the time to be optimistic but the delusional hope kept me from wanting to give myself in all at once.

the adrenaline rushed through me and all i could think about was running far, far away to a peaceful area where alyssa and i could live in tranquility.

i sprint as fast as i could, staying near the tall palm trees and bushes. my heart pounded and i kept telling myself the pain was all in my head. it really wasn't.

it's crazy what people do for the one they love.

• • •

on the side of the road a car was being driven out of control. it swerved back and forth and it was going at approximately 80 miles per hour. i decided to look who was behind the wheel and if this was a possible chance for me to hitch a ride.

the person behind the wheel had a familiar blue t-shirt and chestnut brown hair.

frodo.

i couldn't believe it at first but once i realized i wasn't going out of my mind i tried to stop the car in every way i could.

"FRODO! WAIT UP!"

at this point i was so desperate for him to hear me.

the car came to an immediate halt and i was surprised he hadn't lurched forward, flying out the window.

"FRODO!" i screamed with my lungs nearly on fire. i ran as fast as i could towards the car.

i threw myself into the car without any explanation whatsoever shutting the door behind me.

"go. frodo, now. DRIVE!"

he nodded hesitantly and stomped on the gas pedal.

• • •

authors note; sorry for not updating! i was super busy and i didn't really have any ideas but hopefully this chapter wasn't that disappointing. don't forget to vote and comment! :)